• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties Galore!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The previously mentioned Canali. I believe this will be the first suit I keep for myself. So mint, trousers 10.5" rise.

Couple of things from July. Ties are BB. RLPL has a hole, but it was $1.00.

Last edited:

futuremyth

Reaction score
No exciting clothing stuff really in yesterday's run but I was pretty psyched to find a cleaner copy of this record I probably paid $25 for at some point:

Nice pickup. I thrifted a copy about 10 years ago, had no idea what it was but I liked the cover. Great, great album.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score

No exciting clothing stuff really in yesterday's run but I was pretty psyched to find a cleaner copy of this record I probably paid $25 for at some point:

Yesss this is the stuff I dream about thrifting right now. Albums I owned but am too cheap to pay up for now. Nice find!

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy blue/white digicamo?? :drool: :drool:  I've been searching for this stuff for a long time man, even before beginning thrifting!

However, I don't know about the US, but I think there are some restrictions about wearing actual army gear in the street, right?!

The following uniform items are distinctive and will not be sold to or worn by unauthorized personnel:

(1) All Army headgear, when worn with insignia.
(2) Badges and tabs (identification, marksmanship, combat, and special skill).
(3) Uniform buttons (U.S. Army or Corps of Engineers).
(4) Decorations, service medals, service and training ribbons, and other awards and their appurtenances.
(5) Insignia of any design or color that the Army has adopted.

They don't care if you wear the clothes, it is when you wear rank, ribbons or unit patches you aren't entitled to that you may get tagged on. Then again if you are wearing your dads old Vietnam coat that isn't used by today's military nobody cares. Just don't walk around with a current jacket with rank or unit patches.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom handmade Loveless of OKC cowboy boots, anyone know what type of skin this is?

Last edited:

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man...I don't need any more glenplaid suits!

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The previously mentioned Canali. I believe this will be the first suit I keep for myself. So mint, trousers 10.5" rise.

I believe it's safe to say, that you are making a wise decision. That suits gorgeous and is worthy of being the first keeper.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking Canali Suited.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes!!!!!    Dibs if size 38-40!!!   :nest:  

The one I sold was a small short. A guy in S. Korea bought it. I'll keep my eye out for more.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grail you say? My pops has a pair of NWT Battles just sitting up in his bedroom, untouched. Maybe I should have another look at those...
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
Bro, Momos are so rare in a thrift, here. I've yet to come across a pair. Did he thrifted those? If so, those should fetch a nice price as they have a big following.

Iron Heart and Flat Head are apples and oranges....and your going with bootcuts?? First of all the heaviest denim Flat head makes is 14.5 ounches and the lightest denim Iron Heart makes is 18 ounces. IH flagship denim is sanforized 21 ounce thick ******* pieces of cotton. No pre-soak, they don't really form to your body there just heavy duty motorcycle riding jeans. Personally I believe their 18 ounce unsanforized offering is far superior to the 21 ounce sanforized. Flat Heads are great jeans, they form to your body really well after initial soak too. The denim has beautiful characteristics and the fades on them are beautiful, not too high contrast, nice vertical as well as crotch knees etc.. But they are a lighter weight denim. I think it just depends on what your looking for.
This

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/09/the-flat-head-2011-model-20-oz-raw-denim/

But... How will people know how rare and high-end your jeans are if you aren't poppin' that selvedge?
cool.gif

Hmm... I have some PBJ XX-009's and XX-003's bookmarked. The 013's look like they would be too "slim fit" for me. I enjoy a nice tapered leg, but the rise / thigh / knee has to be roomy for my fat ass. If I lost like 30-40 lbs, I could be sporting some really primo denim... But then all my Zegna jackets wouldn't fit anymore. -_-

Tough to find high quality jeans that have "the perfect fit". The problem is that my perfect fit falls right between the slim fits, and the straight legs. Usually the slim fits are way too skinny (even at a size 40), and the straight legs are way too baggy. I need like a straight leg top block with tapered legs, and there are very few brands that make that exact fit.

BTW... Why the **** do brands even make some fits in sizes greater than like 36? Do they seriously think a guy with a 40" waist is going to have like super skinny thighs and knees?
Bro, even Vans make selvedge...It's a joke.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The following uniform items are distinctive and will not be sold to or worn by unauthorized personnel:

(1) All Army headgear, when worn with insignia.
(2) Badges and tabs (identification, marksmanship, combat, and special skill).
(3) Uniform buttons (U.S. Army or Corps of Engineers).
(4) Decorations, service medals, service and training ribbons, and other awards and their appurtenances.
(5) Insignia of any design or color that the Army has adopted.

They don't care if you wear the clothes, it is when you wear rank, ribbons or unit patches you aren't entitled to that you may get tagged on. Then again if you are wearing your dads old Vietnam coat that isn't used by today's military nobody cares. Just don't walk around with a current jacket with rank or unit patches.

There is a thing called "STOLEN VALOR" basically Vets get discounts and other benefits, People dress up in fake uniforms to take advantage of this. Often times a soldier will pull one of the fakers cards and it can't get ugly. I have a lot of respect for soldier's and I wish the worst upon poser's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads