• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been away for Art Basel week in Miami. Miami is a party town but Basel Week makes typical Miami look like a retirement community. I highly recommend the experience.

Couple fits from Basel

Jacket is my latest creation, completely unstructured, no fusing, canvas, padding, or lining anywhere.

One of my favorites from the show:

PS - Thriftmasee, I'm slacking. I am sorry. I will definitely make it worth your wait.

Miss being down there. Ultra makes Art Basel look like a Narcotics Anonymous convention tho ;)

freehand

Reaction score
Morning chaps.

Im only now just realising my winter wardrobe is absolutely dire. If anyone has thrifted an unstructured casual cotton blazer and cable knit jumpers in S/M I'd be interested in taking them off your hands. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. Thanks.
There's another thread specifically for this:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/287214/the-un-official-thrift-buy-sell-trade-want-thread/0_100

though it's not that well used so often worth mentioning here something that you're really looking for. If it's not in @Letric 's backlog, you're asking for something pretty obscure.

I'm going to stop posting now.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ken P and leftofthedial, I feel like this was some kinda collab or something, but I don't remember what. Post O'alls, N/A

Great haul! Sorry for the delay on this - my original thought that this was their "Prison Research" collab with General Research. Google doesn't seem to be backing me up on that though. They might have done a naval inspired line with General Research and this is from it? I wish their was more (not written in Japanese) information about these guys on the web. @leftofthedial might know more than me. Either way, it's super dope.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great pictures and nice looking jackets! I read that there was a stabbing at Art Basel this year and that some witnesses were confused, thinking it was some sort of installation art?

Oh, and did you happen to have a guest in your hotel room ( :fistbump: ) or do you do the same thing I do, use one bed to lounge around and eat and the other to sleep?

Thank you! :D

You read right. With some of the weird **** exhibited there, you'd see why it was so easily confused. Something unusual like that happens almost every year.

I booked really late and managed to find a great hotel for relatively little taht was within walking distance to the Convention Center and the best clubs, but only double beds rooms were left, so I did do what you do: one for lounging one for sleeping. I mostly visited others' rooms. ;)

@330CK I was wondering if you went this year...the 2nd jacket looks rad! very CDG'esque.

Thanks dude.

Miss being down there. Ultra makes Art Basel look like a Narcotics Anonymous convention tho ;)

True, Ultra is a completely different animal.

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thriftmas person: your stuff is in the mail!
For my thriftmas person, yours is going out tomorrow as well! Been too dry here in CLE.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When you go to an estate sale of a guy who shares a name with one of the biggest streets in the city, you know it's going to be good, but I was not prepared for this. True thrift prices, I paid $150 for everything here.
Dated 1964, Bespoke (I believe) by Gray & Lampel
1931 Dated Three Piece Tuxedo with an absolutely gorgeous brocade vest
1943 Overcoat by Gray & Lampel
70s After Six, Not as high quality but cool. 1950 White Dinner Jacket, Gray & Lampel with great handwork
1910s/1920s Brocade Vest
60s/70s Sulka
1939 Three Piece by a long extinct local shop
Oh, didn't notice this one came with suspenders attached: Sick
1959, local shop 1960, Gray & Lampel
1951, Local Shop, Gorgeous Herringbone
Vintage Fedoras 1940s-70s. Two Stetsons,three Borsalinos 1950s Spectators, Stetson on the left, Florsheim on the right
Holy cow. Awesome vintage haul. This type of thing gets me going more than an 80-piece Brioni thriftening, TBH. Not that I'd say no to either. ;)

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to sew a jacket button without it being a mess on the back?

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has plain dress belts in black or dark brown with silver hardware (to match Allen Edmonds' dark brown, so REALLY dark) in a 32 or 34 (belt size) fire me a PM. B/s/t doesn't get enough views.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to sew a jacket button without it being a mess on the back?
The main thing to do is make an initial 'x' with the thread where you want the button to go. Do this before you do anything with the button. Then, slide the button into place and work slowly, getting the needle to poke through as near to the points on the 'x' as you're able to.

EDIT: just do what's in JackFlash's link. That way is better. My way is a quick fix.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

that's right, I'm based in London.  @thebuddahman
 - in terms of trading, I'm always interested in that.  Shoot me a PM.  I know @HansderHund
 was gauging interest in setting up a European trading thread - I'm not sure if that came to anything though.

There were only a few of us interested, actually. I have the feeling a number of EU based people lurk here but didn't speak up last time. I'd still be up for a trade circle inside Europe if anyone else is interested!

TinderStick

Reaction score
I'm based in London and thrift a lot, lurk a lot but rarely post due to laziness (something I will work on in 2016). I'd be up for an EU trade circle for sure.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
. . . slide the button into place and work slowly, getting the needle to poke through as near to the points on the 'x' as you're able to . . .

Yeah, slow and steady wins the race. Like with most things, hand stitching gets easier with patience and practice .

Gajsek

Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to participate in any EU trading. I'm in a bad thrift country, but find good stuff from time to time (and also thrift whenever I travel, which is a lot). Would be interested to buy stuff, too.

BTW, Slovenia here, so @HansderHund we're practically neighbours :)

PS.: had a personal grail-level hit recently. Will post pics when I have a bit more time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads