• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you go to an estate sale of a guy who shares a name with one of the biggest streets in the city, you know it's going to be good, but I was not prepared for this. True thrift prices, I paid $150 for everything here.

Some sick cops!

I went to an estate sale today as well. It was in a country club neighborhood that I was familiar with and knew there was a ton of money there. For perspective, this is the house next door to the house where the estate sale was:

...but the estate sale house itself was the smallest, oldest, crappiest house in the whole neighborhood - it pre-dated all the other homes by like 40 years...and was filled with nothing but incredibly overpriced junk, junk and more junk. Total disappointment. So I went to the "good" Goodwill in Atlanta / Buckhead since it was only a few miles away, even though I said I wouldn't cuz @Takai was there yesterday...and found bupkis there as well. Then to one of the "good" Marshalls, where I found an entire cartload of nothing. Hell, I could have filled five carts with all the nothing I found today.

So I went home.

Makes me appreciate the days when I do find stuff.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those fedoras are sweet!

do you mind, are they 7-1/2?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dudes:

More than ever, I am now seriously in the market for top end shoes in the 10.5-11 size range, most especially in a cap or medallion toe in burgundy or oxblood. Fiddle waist, chisel toe.
Will trade good stuffs.

Aaaand. Go.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^wow!!!!! It's crazy how many tailoring houses there used to be, all lost to the ages. I saw a couple of bespoke Chicago pieces today from the 50's. Beautiful stuff, tons of handwork, most too trashed to pickup.
1f61e.png
Still neat to see though.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MY MOST BAD A$$ FIND OF THE YEAR

World War 2 Air force jacket, not the civilian model either, the real mccoy, things in near perfect condition too.

Thrift fit pic: fits pretty good, might have to keep it, p.s. 100% of this outfit is thrifted.

Isn't the GAC201-01-8101M version the 1991 re-release of the Cooper A-2 jacket?

white collar

Reaction score
Isn't the GAC201-01-8101M version the 1991 re-release of the Cooper A-2 jacket?

Ah, you are correct, when I originally googled it I couldn't find info on reproductions, only the differences between to civilian model and the pilot model. Thanks for the info!!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, you are correct, when I originally googled it I couldn't find info on reproductions, only the differences between to civilian model and the pilot model. Thanks for the info!!

Regardless, it is still an awesome find. Those things are becoming increasingly rare (and valuable)!
fing02[1].gif

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless, it is still an awesome find. Those things are becoming increasingly rare (and valuable)!
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

coopers are nice a-2s. it should say the hide on the lower tag, mine is goat but i think they may have used horse as well, I'm not really sure.

civvy versions lack the velcro strip on the chest for an insignia, fyi.

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
I had to pry myself away from my first Julius_7 piece today. God damn was that hard. Any Street Couture peeps that take a 40-42 jacket, or a Julius 4. Hit me up. Goatskin black rider. Pics from today when my phone stops being dead.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been away for Art Basel week in Miami. Miami is a party town but Basel Week makes typical Miami look like a retirement community. I highly recommend the experience.

Couple fits from Basel

Jacket is my latest creation, completely unstructured, no fusing, canvas, padding, or lining anywhere.

One of my favorites from the show:

PS - Thriftmasee, I'm slacking. I am sorry. I will definitely make it worth your wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads