• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oynag

Reaction score
I feel a sale in my bones. Like a faint electrical current, it's there. Or out there somewhere.

(It's usually around Easter...)

Willywalderbeast

Reaction score
New guy here... Late to the party as I only really just started to fall in love with the RRL line in the recent years. I first became aware of RRL about three years ago when I flew out west to pickup a vintage BMW motorcycle I purchased off eBay. In our 4,000 mile camping trip thru the south west and then up the coast of California I ended up purchasing a Schott x RRl leather jacket in LA before heading into colder weather exploring Big Sur and San Fran. Recently in searching for a specific bag I came across this thread and figured id join. Love going through the older posts and seeing pieces from past seasons!

Said jacket. I guess the story goes Ralph wanted to buy one of the original Schott Perfectos that was on display at Schott NYC, it wasn't for sale and instead they let him "barrow" it long term. Following that they ended up replicating the 1928 Perfecto in a collaboration with RRL.
Schott RRL jacket.jpg

Recent engineer boots I just picked up off eBay. Sending them out to Brian at Roll Club in LA to have them resoled with his signature high "woodsmen heel" and role club half soles. Super excited to see them finished!
RRL BOOTS.jpg

Also just got this bag in today! I was looking for this early style bag for a while now.
RRL BAG.jpg

mfbnyc

Reaction score
I saw a 10% offer if you sign up for a new account online. To get that, delete all of your cookies. Otherwise, the spring sales usually start around tax day.

FlaSurfer

Reaction score
New guy here... Late to the party as I only really just started to fall in love with the RRL line in the recent years. I first became aware of RRL about three years ago when I flew out west to pickup a vintage BMW motorcycle I purchased off eBay. In our 4,000 mile camping trip thru the south west and then up the coast of California I ended up purchasing a Schott x RRl leather jacket in LA before heading into colder weather exploring Big Sur and San Fran. Recently in searching for a specific bag I came across this thread and figured id join. Love going through the older posts and seeing pieces from past seasons!

Said jacket. I guess the story goes Ralph wanted to buy one of the original Schott Perfectos that was on display at Schott NYC, it wasn't for sale and instead they let him "barrow" it long term. Following that they ended up replicating the 1928 Perfecto in a collaboration with RRL.
View attachment 949946

Recent engineer boots I just picked up off eBay. Sending them out to Brian at Roll Club in LA to have them resoled with his signature high "woodsmen heel" and role club half soles. Super excited to see them finished!

View attachment 949943

Also just got this bag in today! I was looking for this early style bag for a while now.
View attachment 949944

Good stuff! Welcome to the club of addicts..

styleforumfan

Reaction score
RRL jeans sizing question:

Are the "slim" and "slim narrow" cuts pretty consistent in terms of sizing across different washes and colors? Is it a safe "blind buy" online if you found your size?

Thanks.

aquila49

Reaction score

Yes, welcome to the Disposable Income tribe!

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
RRL jeans sizing question:

Are the "slim" and "slim narrow" cuts pretty consistent in terms of sizing across different washes and colors? Is it a safe "blind buy" online if you found your size?

Thanks.
Best way would be to ask the seller for measurements if possible. I've bought and sold so many jeans and pants from RRL thinking they were my size only to have them be a size too big or too small. while 31 slim narrow rigids fit me well, a heavily distressed model MIGHT run a size or two bigger

shellback

Reaction score
One of the recent pickups from the sale. The cotton linen blend engineer jacket. Didn't think an engineer could look rugged enough in linen but was pleasantly surprised, and to top it off the fabric is selvedge View attachment 898778
I'm looking at purchasing one of these on ebay and was wondering if your tag listed "Superior in Fit - Fabrig - Finish"

The "G" threw me off and I was wondering if it was a fake or if that's normal.

Two Shoes

Reaction score
Gotta rant for a sec...

I went to the RRL store on Melrose a couple weeks ago to try on and possibly buy a few things. The sales associate was helpful and professional until I told him that I wanted to give it some thought and maybe I'd be back in a bit. He was visibly annoyed and snippy and disregarded me as I left.

I get it, he wanted the sale. And I know that it sucks to cater to somebody and treat them like a high-value customer for 20 mins and then have them not buy anything. But all of that just seems like really poor customer service. Class is treating the customer equally well, whether they buy something immediately or not. I wanted to think about the items but, after he turned ****** on me, I left and ordered online.

It felt like management cared more about hiring a model that they could dress up with the right look to pretend to be a sales person without any real training or actual customer care.

Also, there seems to be a total disconnect between their in-store and online. They kept trying to steer me away from looking at items online. Almost like they were in competition.

The whole thing soured me on the brand a little bit. And made me question the value of the items. I really liked the chore coat but felt the quality did not earn the $600 price.

I decided from that point that I would only buy RRL on sale and online, while occasionally going into the store to try things on solely for size (and make the models sales people waste their time with me).

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Gotta rant for a sec...

I went to the RRL store on Melrose a couple weeks ago to try on and possibly buy a few things. The sales associate was helpful and professional until I told him that I wanted to give it some thought and maybe I'd be back in a bit. He was visibly annoyed and snippy and disregarded me as I left.

I decided from that point that I would only buy RRL on sale and online, while occasionally going into the store to try things on solely for size (and make the models sales people waste their time with me).

Funny I was there recently and got exactly the same treatment. I bet the SAs are too spoiled by the ballers in BH and expect everyone who walks in to drop a couple of grand without blinking an eye.

oynag

Reaction score

A wise strategy. That's a bummer you had such a poor experience. While I haven't been to Melrose, I've had good luck at the Ralph Lauren store in San Francisco. The staff there is hands-off and like talking about the brand.

[Slight tangent- was there last weekend and the Double RL selection was the weakest it's ever been. That reversible satin bomber with the birds on the front is nice, though.]

My regular SA in Aspen is excellent. Both of my experiences have been at Ralph Lauren mainline stores, so maybe there's a difference. Point being, keep searching for a good SA and it'll pay dividends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads