• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim

Reaction score

I saw this from the latest Polo Ralph Lauren collection. I cant tell if I think its a cool idea, or the stupidest thing Ive ever seen.

Part of the "Eco Lodge" group for blue label... I haven't seen it in person yet but seems pretty dope as a fun chambray.

There's a spring group called Desert Utility that's very similar to the RRL group last year with white & tan color schemes. Has a stitched eagle on the back of military shirt & jacket.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Part of the "Eco Lodge" group for blue label... I haven't seen it in person yet but seems pretty dope as a fun chambray.

There's a spring group called Desert Utility that's very similar to the RRL group last year with white & tan color schemes. Has a stitched eagle on the back of military shirt & jacket.

Where do you find this information about collection names and stuff like that?

The shirt isnt too bad. I wasnt a fan of the buttons on the front though. I should have photographed both sides.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have these. youll need to get them tapered. i picked a tagged 34, medium rise, plenty of room in waist and thigh, but leg is full. still need to get mine tapered. if you have an ass you or others behind you I guess, might have to deal with some crack from to time, assuming you ride hunched over.

i take a 34 in the selvedge officer chino and 35 in the rigid slim fit

+1. they definitely dont taper off at the end.

dastig

Reaction score
Just got these Limited Edition shrink to fit Straight legs. Only 200 made. 16oz denim. Buy 2 sizes up to allow for shrinkage. $390.

These wont last long. Call me if you want a pair. We only have waist sz 30-38. Robert 917-432-6714 is my direct line or just call the Mansion and ask for me.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score

Not happy to be in the office on a Saturday, but some new pickups making it more bearable. Rigid Officers, Irving Shirt, Dixon Jacket, Perseverance belt.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not happy to be in the office on a Saturday, but some new pickups making it more bearable. Rigid Officers, Irving Shirt, Dixon Jacket, Perseverance belt.

Dixon looks great. As do the boots. Was thinking about those after you mentioned them earlier.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Dixon looks great. As do the boots. Was thinking about those after you mentioned them earlier.

Thanks! Yeah loving the rayburn boots so far, as with much of the RL stuff I buy, can't see paying the $900ish retail, but I snagged them for a little over $200, which I think was fair. On a snowy day like today they are working out well.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the origin of the name and logo of RRL? I know Ralph Lauren has a RRL ranch but I wonder if he named it that after the fact. Is there any significance or reference in the name RRL or the use of the backwards R? Is it a nod to something? I know some of the tags are influenced by the old "union made" garment tags so I'm curious if the name and style of the "RRL" has any significance.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ricky and Ralph Lauren

Is it really named after his wife? That's the first time I've heard that. Ricky Ralph Lauren doesn't have a nicest ring to it. Was RRL her brainchild or some kind of dedication to family life on the ranch?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads