• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This showed up out of nowhere at my liquor store on Friday. It didn't stay there long though.
smile.gif

5295557732_8f57c959fe_z.jpg

word

Reaction score
I've always been content with Newcastle Brown Ale or Guinness of any kind. I mean, it's nice to have some obscure beer* or whatever but that stuff can't be found as easily as I would like. Go into any bar or store and it's got Newcastle and or Guinness so...

*I admit my favorite is Foothills Torch Pilsner. But I live within walking distance of Foothills Brewing so that makes it easy to get.
smile.gif
And it's actually served in a number of bars around the state too.

illeagle

Reaction score
Smithwicks and Blue Moon as far as affordable stuff to drink on the regular

Trappistes Rochefort 8 for something to thoroughly enjoy

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
had southern tier's Old Man Winter the other night. Now I usually avoid the Old Ale varieties, but this one was quite good and while it was strong, it was not over powering.

Also had Two Brothers Dog Days (its a dortmunder) which I dont think they have brewed this season but it still tasted very fresh... actually this was a beer I hadn't had for 3 years and last time around was the WORST BEER I HAD EVER HAD... it straight up tasted like wet dog. I'm happy to say that I think something was wrong with those bottles and that it is actually a solid beer.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've drinking plenty o' Pliny on tap and my local pub's had Ballast Point "Sculpin" IPA on cask as well. Ballast Point and Ale Smith are one of the many reasons why this town is a hop head's mecca!

notalwaysrig

Reaction score
Hello: Question to the Original Poster: ?...Where is home that you can't get guiness?.... I think that a good beer, to just have sitting in the fridge could be... Dos Equis Lager pacifico
nod[1].gif
newcastle bush light + a million others... In Europe: - "San Miguel". My suggestions for a little level 2 sippage: Chimay. Youngs double chocolate stout. samuel tadcaster's oatmeal stout. Guiness. Pilsner urquell. Grolsh. Spaten..mmm....etc...now i'm just rambling. Stell, if the tap is at the right temp. -happy holiday.s

shanker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
I've drinking plenty o' Pliny on tap and my local pub's had Ballast Point "Sculpin" IPA on cask as well. Ballast Point and Ale Smith are one of the many reasons why this town is a hop head's mecca!

just a guess, but i assume you reside in SD?

lots of wild brews here for sure.

shanker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Pliny the Elder - another pale ale that is well balanced. again, lots of citrus notes with a smooth finish. not sure if it warrants all the hype beer nerds give this, because it is JUST beer, but it is damn good.

for the record, its a dbl. ipa, not a pa.

awesome nonetheless. one of my favorite ipa's....next to the younger.

if you are a hophead, pliny is a must try! triple "c's" too the extreme!

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now: Bell's Expedition Stout.

Delicious

shanker

Reaction score
sharing a la fin du monde now (previously mentioned) - cloudy, belgium-style w/ a citrus and champagne finish, spiced w/ peppery grapes.

cool it comes from canada.
cheers.gif

unibroue has figured it out.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MCKIp.jpg

Gave this a whirl while back on the east coast.
An easy to drink, smooth winter time stout. Very dark, little head. Silky and malty.
While its not anything revolutionary I recommend for stout fans.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Time to send this pack to page 1.

All the talk about KBS got my attention. So with a little research I found a distributor in state that sells founders. Unfortunately, it appears KBS is a seasonal which is due out in a couple of weeks. So I opt for some of Founders other choices as it appears thy make some good beer. I picked up a 6 pack each of this:

photo14.jpg

The IPA was the better of the two. I will say that i was not prepared for either of these beers. Very strong flavor and heavier than I am used too. Still, I am curious to check out KBS and see if the hype is real.

Great thread. Looking forward to hearing some other suggestions to try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads