1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

3. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of any of Bell's stouts...

4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I can still find Double Trouble around these parts (it's a seasonal), Dreadnaught is always available and Blind Pig is only available in Cali and maybe Colorado. By the way if anyone is looking for any of this year's Dark Lord, I may or may not have a pair of tickets to Dark Lord Day and may or may not buy and or have access to at least 8 bottles ($15 each.) I also forgot to mention Firestone Walker Double Jack, you should look into it...
    I'll take one, and anything else worth trying out, if you can get it. DT and Dreadnaught as well. Hell, send me as much good shit as you can get your hands on. One of those stupid fucking KBS's as well. Just so I can try the damn thing already.

5. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I'm finding beer tasting, Rambo, something like perfumes... the ones that get hyped to no end typically end up making me go, "meh." I'm pretty new to the world of craft beers, but I'm figuring out quickly (like perfume) what I like and what I don't. Nevertheless, I must admit now I approach beer tasting like perfume sampling; I go with my gut and my taste, and though I may try and appreciate what's going on in something (OMG it's got nectar from Nefertiti's Ass in it, can you taste the bouquet?) I won't drink more of it if I don't "like" it. Same with perfume; I don't like benzoin, and I don't like tonka, so while I can appreciate those tonka-wonders, I won't be buying them. [​IMG] I wasn't thrilled with Hopslam; I tend to like hoppy stuff, but I just didn't find it nearly as good as Two-Hearted, which is my "go to" Bells. I actually enjoyed the Aprihop (Dogfish Head) that I mentioned the other day much more, just based on my "taste." KBS, like randallr said, is good, but it, too I'd never travel to the ends of the earth to find. It's the kind of thing I was glad to have only in a small amount. BUT, having had all the bourbon-y beers (being from KY, I HAVE to try them!), I do say I liked it better. But, again, not for $6 or more a bottle. I'm still wondering (tooch?) if anybody ever got to try the 120min IPA from Dogfish Head? Their 60min and 90min I like well, and I've just wondered what's the deal with the 120. My local bar (literally across the street) has had 90min on tap for the past few weeks and it's about to interfere with my livelihood. haha j/k
    Welcome my son! Welcome to the wonderful world of beer. Sorry, no civet here. You'll just have to do. A lot of these guys have access to brews I don't so I can't comment on many of the things that they get. KBS for one. I got one of the ApriHop's to try, based on your say so. If you need any recs my inbox is always open.

6. bdeuce22

KBS is so fucking good.

7. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

Omg it is so delicious. I'm so happy I have 26 bottles.

8. Tooch4321

Omg it is so delicious. I'm so happy I have 26 bottles.

Correction, 22 bottles, I had to borrow an extra 4 of yours...hahaha [​IMG]

9. bdeuce22

He has 26 jars of gefilte fish coming

10. Tooch4321

I'll take his case and I'll gladly pay you like Tuesday and shit...

11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Can I have one? [​IMG]

12. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member

Missed this thread [​IMG] Just had Drake's Hopocalypse. Divine. Finally had Oskar Blues Gubna. It was in Cali for like 2 seconds, then removed. Dunno why. Now that I had it...mmmmm my go-to 4 pack now [​IMG]

13. StandupTJ

StandupTJ Active Member

Id be willing to track down anything from Texas that anyone wants to try for a bottle or 2 of KBS.

14. Tooch4321

Id be willing to track down anything from Texas that anyone wants to try for a bottle or 2 of KBS.

You have just opened up Pandora's Beer Box!!! [​IMG]

15. randallr

randallr Well-Known Member

You have just opened up Pandora's Beer Box!!! [​IMG]

What's good in Texas?

16. Tooch4321

What's good in Texas?

I was referring to his offer of hunting down KBS for people, if you are in Texas, I only really know about St. Arnold's Reserve as far as breweries go and Abita...

17. bdeuce22

no no. he wants KBS.

should i make a for sale thread like the hopslam guy a few months ago?!?

18. Tooch4321

It would probably pay for your mini-trip to Chicago this weekend! Whiskey Smashes all day, son, all day long...

19. polishprancer

polishprancer Member

20. JSC437

JSC437 Well-Known Member