• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

tellure

Reaction score

I won't try to argue my point here because ultimately there is nothing here that you say that is untrue.
HOWEVER what I will say (from a serious amount of experience with Augusta footwear) is that within a few wears the leather does soften up pretty quickly and starts to mould to your foot....and ultimately they become one of the best boots in the world.
Already mine are much much easier to put on and take off (and yes I built up a sweat trying to out them on originally and then thought I'd have to kop because I actually couldn't get them off) and the stiff 'concrete' texture goes away pretty quickly once the leather warms up from some wear. The creases also drop out and the ones that would naturally appear just stay there.
Whether you should have to go through this pain and effort on a £1k+ pair of boots is another discussion altogether.....
But what I will say is that once you get through that initial pain/sweat etc etc, what you have left is a seriously amazing boot that will last forever and is a pleasure to wear....and looks amazing.
My 2 cents worth.
Not the strongest argument I've ever put forward because ultimately Augusta aren't for everybody....but there is a pretty devout following and I can promise you we aren't all in it for the pain.

I love those Augusta's too and was shocked how stiff they were when I checked 'em out at The Archive in SF (they didn't have my size at the time so I couldn't try them on). Eton if you ever decide to sell your nicely broken-in double-zips lemme know :)

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dyed some Cdiem S21M back zips once- brown to black. The reverse calf leather became super stiff afterwards and I ended up flipping them.

Chomeo had a pair of S23M in full grain dyed and they turned out much better.

I was thinking of doing a grey

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@in stitches, do these look familiar?
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w97939183
BTW, did you get your pair?

that looks like like the exact same pair. same pics and everything. maybe he has a second pair or did not take down the listing yet.

as matter of fact, mine arrived yesterday and they are even more awesome than i expected.

so, i spent most of yesterday looking for new pants. ****. SWD pants are expensive.

i settled on a pair of dries and a pair of KVAs from yoox for now. i hope they dont suck and i hope they fit.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\ Some sellers on Y! JP re-list stuff they see on eBay at a higher price. If someone buys it from them, they buy from eBay and pass it on. So kind of like an unknown proxy....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

/\ Some sellers on Y! JP re-list stuff they see on eBay at a higher price. If someone buys it from them, they buy from eBay and pass it on. So kind of like an unknown proxy....

someone is always on the hustle lol.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy if those MA+ don't work out hmu

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wanted to get my tan Carpe Diem dyed anyone got any recommendations? I'm in Bay Area but I think anywhere in the states would be fine.

Why do you want to dye them. if you have other pairs of black/ brown boots having one tan color is always interesting
I have a pair of "Urine' color sidezips and i wear them and get em dirty, they look much cooler and interesting if i wear them with something all black..........

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted a lighter grey color, that way the brown undertones aren't completely Ingulfed def don't want black boots I like Marsell and yeah I have two other brown boots. Some dark brown/green/tan/grey colored Guidi and brown suede ones. There were these Guidi up on sufu recently I wanted something in similar color shade, brown/grey color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads