• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only owned CCP cordovan shoes/boots which I realize I hate as a material no matter who makes the boot so I think that soured me for awhile.

The bison looks just as good but a helluva lot more comfy and easy to break in

Gullam will start stocking A1923, which is dangerous as hell, since they're right near my new office, was trying on the new Devoa during lunch haha.. At least the closest CCP stockist is a good 20 minute walk away..

Last edited:

wormwood

Reaction score
good 20 minute walk away..
in your new Devoa?
biggrin.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've only owned CCP cordovan shoes/boots which I realize I hate as a material no matter who makes the boot so I think that soured me for awhile.

do you find shell to be very stiff, hard and unbending? i have only one pair of shell, and i wear them all the time and they still have not softened up. almost painful at times.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Shell and Cordovan are not necessarily the same thing, but we have this conversation every 10 pages so let's not do that again... :embar:

I have a pair of shell boots from Alden that are FINALLY starting to feel really comfortable. I've been wearing them 2-3 times a week since I got them in May of last year. I stopped putting shoe trees in them since I like the exaggerated creasing that's forming but I treat them with VSC relatively often.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i send my more serious shoe care needs to b nelson in nyc. i wonder if they work on SWD type boots. i mean, i guess no reason not to, but i would prefer to use someone who has experience with such boots and understands what that type of customer wants and likes to see.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The bison looks just as good but a helluva lot more comfy and easy to break in

Gullam will start stocking A1923, which is dangerous as hell, since they're right near my new office, was trying on the new Devoa during lunch haha.. At least the closest CCP stockist is a good 20 minute walk away..

Odd you don't like Cordovan considering you bought those white a1923 which I hear are made out of super stiff horse and are most likely stiffer than CCP. I am not sure if that is a good thing.

i send my more serious shoe care needs to b nelson in nyc. i wonder if they work on SWD type boots. i mean, i guess no reason not to, but i would prefer to use someone who has experience with such boots and understands what that type of customer wants and likes to see.

Stitchy, Eck swears by FJ western. I work out in San Jose, CA and have used Jesse for my a1923. The guy is super honest and does a great job for the cash. He doesn't charge too much, very reasonable imo. Given you are out in Baltimore, it may not make sense to send things to CA but I wanted to give you the info anyways.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Was at The Archive in the city over the weekend and checked out the A1923 double zips that eck and eton have. They look fantastic on the shelf (if you like a super pre-wrinkled looking boot). However... they are the stiffest, least comfortable boots I have ever put on. The treatment is akin to a concrete bath. They are also a total pain ********** to put on and take off (as noted by the staff at Archive as well). When I did put them on, every interior surface was rough and abrasive feeling to my foot, which felt like it was banging around an old, crusty breadbox.

They look great... but caveat emptor.

The staff as always was very nice and helpful. :)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy, Eck swears by FJ western. I work out in San Jose, CA and have used Jesse for my a1923. The guy is super honest and does a great job for the cash. He doesn't charge too much, very reasonable imo. Given you are out in Baltimore, it may not make sense to send things to CA but I wanted to give you the info anyways.

thanks, man. i hope not to have to do anything with them for a while, but good to have a reference in my pocket. i do not plan on vibraming them from the get go. i dont think i will be wearing them often enough to warrant it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads