• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

HyenaBogBlog

Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of 788Z back zip boots in white. I've never owned a paid of white boots like this before so I'm curious if there's any additional care that needs to be done to keep them nice.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of 788Z back zip boots in white. I've never owned a paid of white boots like this before so I'm curious if there's any additional care that needs to be done to keep them nice.

Play soccer in them :p

Seriouslyn though you can add protective soles and heels. I always do, It both softens the step and save cash when I need to resole.

Otherwise once a few months or year condition them, the leading products IMO are otter wax oil (note may darken shoe) and other is sapphire nappa.

HyenaBogBlog

Reaction score

Seriouslyn though you can add protective soles and heels. I always do, It both softens the step and save cash when I need to resole.

Otherwise once a few months or year condition them, the leading products IMO are otter wax oil (note may darken shoe) and other is sapphire nappa.
Funnily enough, I immediately thought I should drill some wheels into them and make them into roller skates! Keep them nice and polished lol

I definitely think I might do the Otter Wax Oil just because of how bright the shoe is and how much they stand out. I need to get my hands on CPP Tornado Prosthetics next in a darker gray to finish up my collection.

HyenaBogBlog

Reaction score

IMG_1856.jpeg

Obsessed

Kimchi

Reaction score
How's the feel? Is it comfortable when walking? Does it feel chunky at the top and can you roll your jeans over it or does it just rest on top of the sneakers?
Very comfortable. The insole is pretty thick but quite firm which makes me think it will hold up pretty good.
They are fairly chunky sneakers and the tongue is padded, but depending on how tight you lace them you can get different looks. No problem rolling jeans with 16-17 cm hem over them if you tighten the laces.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Right on! Atelier sale? I just got a pair in black.
BUY THEM WHILE THE LAST, dont ask me how i know but this may be the last season of Guidi being stocked at Atelier
Guidi is actually upset with a few retailers for these kind of markdowns

HyenaBogBlog

Reaction score
BUY THEM WHILE THE LAST, dont ask me how i know but this may be the last season of Guidi being stocked at Atelier
That makes a lot of sense tbh but it’s a double edged sword. If they sold, they wouldn’t mark them down *shrug* other than a pair of front zip black boots, I’m pretty good on Guidi for the time being. My last purchase of the year is going to be the Tornado Prosthetics I just posted here a little bit ago.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

That's interesting.

Earlier this year I purchased a pair of 988's for 50% off and, while not the craziest discount, it seemed like a lot for a pair as popular as the 988.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads