• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoe on top is the Wingtip boot that is supposed to be a 10 Barrie. The shoe on the bottom is a Cigar LWB[ATTACHMENT=9489]IMG_3504.JPG (1,678k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT] size 10 on the Barrie last. Clearly not the same.

I will find out tomorrow thru my contact at the Alden factory.

Other sellers have sold that boot on ebay as Barrie lasted.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think you may have nailed it. I also would be money the boot is Barrie. The photos don't convince me otherwise.

Resistant

Reaction score

Black shell long wing
Argyles OTC

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some Barrie Shell LWB's coming my way with Waterlock soles. I've not had this particular sole before. Does it ride the same as a normal double leather sole. I am not a fan of the flex welt single leather as it doesn't offer me any support, so now I am concerned. Thanks for any input guys.

Seems I read somewhere here it was somebody's favorite sole ride wise:cheers:

Last edited:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some Barrie Shell LWB's coming my way with Waterlock soles. I've not had this particular sole before. Does it ride the same as a normal double leather sole. I am not a fan of the flex welt single leather as it doesn't offer me any support, so now I am concerned. Thanks for any input guys.

Seems I read somewhere here it was somebody's favorite sole ride wise:cheers:
The waterlock is a double oiled sole, and should provide more support than the flex welt (single oiled).

justuhgeek

Reaction score
Anyone have a 7.5D Ravello PTB willing to trade for an 8D(from 2011 w/ commando soles)?

I've decided that they are slightly too big for me, and they don't get much wear because of this.

Any leads on any retailers bringing in Ravello PTBs? Feel like all new Ravello thus far is being allocated to LWBs.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
I have a black shell PTB #9901 and love wearing it. I am now getting the #990 in color 8. Its one of those rare cases on this forum where the style in black shell came before the color 8. Will be posting pics before their maiden voyage.

aldenfan

Reaction score

The depth of color on those is fantastic. The slacks are impeccable as well. Where did you obtain those ptb and where did you obtain those slacks? They look like the perfect combination of blue and navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads