• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, those are expensive. $525 for calfskin shortwings. the Leathersoul shell shortwings in the fall were $595...and calf longwings like $475 I think

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2wn4b3d.jpg

#4 & black saddle
argyles otc

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

man, those are expensive. $525 for calfskin shortwings. the Leathersoul shell shortwings in the fall were $595...and calf longwings like $475 I think

I agree with you. Alden calf is getting super expensive for what you get. I wonder if they're trying to direct demand to the shell models, which even with the price increase seem to be a better deal than the calf models.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - on the contrary to their calf offerings, I think JCrew's best is their #8 Captoe boot.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2nd that! $525 for J.Crew Calf LHS or $595 for a standrar #8 LHS....i'm pretty sure thats a no brainer.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an email from Shoemart from October 2009. Calfskin blucher was listed at $379 retail. from that to $525 in 27 months

shaunw

Reaction score
One more blatant plug for my new alden boot that is listed in the SF classifieds section. I really don't want to put these on the auction site but if I don't get any action here.........

These are new boots in size 10D with barrie last. I have reduced them to $425 from their orginial retail price of $495. I will also consider trades for something similar (Alden boot or possibly) shoe

Last edited:

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes - on the contrary to their calf offerings, I think JCrew's best is their #8 Captoe boot.

I have an email from Shoemart from October 2009. Calfskin blucher was listed at $379 retail. from that to $525 in 27 months

The best way to drive the price down is not to buy. This will force the retailer to lower the price. Less demand=lower price.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The best way to drive the price down is not to buy. This will force the retailer to lower the price. Less demand=lower price.

Very true; Alden charges that much because we're all fools willing to pay it.

I mean, realistically, $710 for a LWB?

But people pay it, so they have room to keep moving it up.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very true; Alden charges that much because we're all fools willing to pay it.
I mean, realistically, $710 for a LWB?
But people pay it, so they have room to keep moving it up.

Maybe AE can up their game in the shell market while keeping prices down. That would at least give Alden some incentive to keep retail prices under control.

natesjuice

Reaction score
hello all, the Alden MTO special make up by CHRK33 (plaza whiskey sw boot) is now available for pre-order on the Epaulet website! Thanks again, CHRK33 and Epaulet, for making this happen!!! :)

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hello all, the Alden MTO special make up by CHRK33 (plaza whiskey sw boot) is now available for pre-order on the Epaulet website! Thanks again, CHRK33 and Epaulet, for making this happen!!! :)

Beat me to it, Natesjuice. :fistbump:

So excited about this boot and Mike at Epaulet was great to work with. Hopefully, people like the makeup and it does well for Epaulet.

Let the interminable wait begin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads