• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After months of waiting, my new pair of whiskey lwb arrived from the shoemart. While looking over the shoes, I couldn't help but notice this:

Looks like these are heading back to CT.

:confused:

Brush it out?

Or am I missing something - looks like its a small scratch that can be filled in with paste wax and buffing

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Depending on size, I'll purchase them from you at an incredibly slashed price. :D

But really, that sucks.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pastor, the fact that your wife used the term "long wing" appropriately in a sentence is AWESOME. You're shoe-drobe sounds like mine...lol. Where did you kop the Plaza #8 captoe? My LWB collection includes Ravello, Cigar, Navy Suede, and a vintage #8 from Hanover. I sold my whiskey LWB to finance the Carmina Cordovan Fitzgeralds from Epaulet.

Rents (Renton really, but I was a huge Irving Welsch fan in college), you may want to consider keeping the shoe, as its a rare size and you may have to wait a LONG time for another. If it is a shallow scratch, its something that could happen after just one wear. Unless you think it could potentially become a shoe breaker, I'd keep em, maybe try sending an email to ask for a discount if they don't have a replacement in your size?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought that would be the ticket, but this isn't a scratch, more of a shallow cut.

People get fussy when they pay what they consider to be a lot of moola. That can probably be rubbed and waxed and over time it'll just be a character mark.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People get fussy when they pay what they consider to be a lot of moola. That can probably be rubbed and waxed and over time it'll just be a character mark.

I have a pair of shoes with a similar mark. It hasn't really disappeared over the fews years I've owned them. The cut doesn't bother me, but I purchased the shoes when Alden shells retailed for $500.

rmspawn

Reaction score

AT Fore Supply (1) 32oz jar is 14.82 plus 8 dollars shipping FYI

Not sure how you're coming up with $8 shipping rates, but the shoe cream was ordered from Fore Supply. Those of us who do not require 32oz of Venetian cream are willing to pay a bit extra for the plastic containers that Namor will use, the extra shipping cost and possibly (although not likely) some of his time. In any case, thanks for the info.

fitchottie

Reaction score

Not sure how you're coming up with $8 shipping rates, but the shoe cream was ordered from Fore Supply. Those of us who do not require 32oz of Venetian cream are willing to pay a bit extra for the plastic containers that Namor will use, the extra shipping cost and possibly (although not likely) some of his time. In any case, thanks for the info.

Shipped to a business. I wasn't throwing anyone under the bus, I was just saying.... I bought it as well and I am sure the 9.00 is a good price considering he has to supply the jars and things of that nature. I myself would prefer to have the shoe cream last a lifetime, since I don't believe it goes bad and for 22.00 total, why wouldn't U.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dm2703 has it right, not enough pics:
IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6683.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7886.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

mail-2.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

-38.jpg

-6-1.jpg
-9-1.jpg

-2-1.jpg

photo-13.jpg

photo-4-4.jpg

photo-4-1.jpg

OK, I'm done...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After months of waiting, my new pair of whiskey lwb arrived from the shoemart. While looking over the shoes, I couldn't help but notice this:

They also missed one of the tiny punches (towards bottom left of pic).

dm2703

Reaction score
total aside: how do you post pics that big? i insert a picture and even if it's massive it comes out small in the post.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

total aside: how do you post pics that big? i insert a picture and even if it's massive it comes out small in the post.
Posts beside the sidebar get shrunk. Posts below the sidebar don't get shrunk as much. Three cheers for huddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads