• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does using a deer bone really help to get rid of scratches? More than a spoon? I am skeptical of the oils in the bone helping angle, because aren't the bones quite dry to the touch? How much deer oil could get transferred?I ask because I do have a few pairs which have scratches, and I have got some time on my hands to do something about them.What do you all recommend?My stash is 30 shell pairs, one calf.
My experience has been it works much better than a spoon. Referring to the deer bones that are sold by companies like abbeyhorn, and not something fido might chew on. The bone has been smoothed and immersed in some type of oil and I have had a lot of success removing nicks, minor scratches, etc.

The Abbeyhorn deer bone is oily, not as dry as the ones from ASuitableWardrobe. Hangar Project sells the Abbeyhorn one and I recommend it.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

dslonghorn4, whiskey LHS is a great looking loafer. Safe travels my friend.

Thanks Spiff and RTP!

Just one more shot after Mac method on the LHS and new Whiskey wallet from Ashland leather.

Does Ashland have the whiskey wallets back in stock?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Looks like I have someone new to follow on twitter

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
On the shell/calf discussion, I have:
- 9 shells
- 1 calf

My AEs on the other hand is:
- 3 shells
- 6 calfs

Non Alden's/AEs:
- 1 shell

I started my shoe collection with AEs in calf, became fascinated by their Walnut color. Then I discovered Shells (through their web gem Walnut Shell Cordovan Strands) and then discovered Alden and have since shifted my focus on to Alden...

-Mike

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11 Shell
1 Calf
2 Suede
1 CXL

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
On the shell/calf discussion, I have:
- 9 shells
- 1 calf

My AEs on the other hand is:
- 3 shells
- 6 calfs

Non Alden's/AEs:
- 1 shell

I started my shoe collection with AEs in calf, became fascinated by their Walnut color. Then I discovered Shells (through their web gem Walnut Shell Cordovan Strands) and then discovered Alden and have since shifted my focus on to Alden...

-Mike

Very interesting. This basically seems like that current path that I am on. Currently have 9 AE, all in calf, with 3 more pairs on the way. Then recently, I discovered some of the Alden boots, in shell, and have been very intrigued. Currently only interested in Alden shell boots now.

brooklyn

Reaction score
I hope it is ok to discuss pricing because I wanted to share my recent purchase of a pair of LWB #8 from Jcrew in NYC. As I posted in a previous post these would be my first pair of cordovans. I purchased them from Jcrew because I had multiple gift cards to help bring down the cost. The store pricing had the shoes at $645. I asked the sales person if they were willing to ship the shoes to a friend in New Jersey to avoid sales tax. He checked with the manager and they would ship the shoes at no cost and more importantly avoid the sales tax. I purchased them the Friday before labor day so I had to wait until Tuesday for them to ship. They arrived in New Jersey on Wednesday. The shoes were fine but being the last pair I size 8 and having others people trying on the shoe there were slight creasing which is no problem but being the person that I am I called jcrew to see if they could do a search for another pair. When I called the representative she did a search for them online(I mentioned to her that they were not for sale online). When she found the shoes in their database they had the shoe for $600. I told her that I paid a higher price of $645. She immediately told me to bring the shoes back for a refund of the difference. The store would only have to call to verify the price difference. I brought the shoes back to the store and surprisingly the sales associate that sold me the shoes and the store manager remembered me. I informed them of the price difference. The sales associate called and he confirmed the price and I was refunded the $45 difference.

I did call around NYC and there was only one other store that had my size. I informed the sales associate that I wanted to exchange them with a pair that I just bought because of the creasing. He told me that the pair that they had were tried on and had creasing as well. In the end the shoes are great and I got them at a reduced price.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that creasing doesn't look bad in that photo at all congrats man. it would have creased like that the first day you wore them anyhow if you walk and move like a regular human :)

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look great. Can't beat the price. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads