1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvc44

jvc44 Well-Known Member

Does tremont fit like Barrie?

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

@Tifosi, Probably not the popular answer but a Tod's loafer is a great choice for the summer. They are extremely comfortable and come in a variety of suedes and leathers. They have held up much better than similar pairs from Gucci and others.

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

For me, yes.

1 person likes this.
  4. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Black Grant Cap's today

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

I wore my tan suede dovers from jcrew with shorts today. its about 80 degrees here. I originally put on the ravello lhs, but decided to change at the last minute.
    I don't think you need the jcrew captoe boots. #8 tankers and cigar captoes would make a nice boot rotation.
    I was kidding. a ralph lauren employee accidently leaked a 65% discount code a few weeks ago. some of us bought a bundle. I was joking because mdubs posted such a nice haul from the dc store and because mdubs was honorable enough not to take advantage of the 65% rl code.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  6. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Buddy/Dil, I am the exact same as above, my Jefs are 10.5D, my Barrie's is 10D.

As Tif points out below, I have a few pairs of shoes and that helps. I also walk like a penguin too. Okay fine, I don't, but I use AE Black Edging on Black/Burgundy shoes, AE Natural on my dark antique, and AE Walnut Calf Polish with some AE Brown Calf Polish on my antique edges.

LoL. ;-)

Thank you! The belt is the wider version (35mm?) and has a Nickel buckle. I prefer silvery look to the gold look.

No discount. He was making fun of me for buying too much, essentially that a 65% off should be the only way to rationalize it.

I would do Whiskey/Ravello/Suede LHS, suede PTB (if I had one), or non-black horse bits.

-M

1 person likes this.
  7. FENWAY

FENWAY Well-Known Member

I grabbed these before they made it to the TSM shelves. Fit like buttah...grabbed some sweet unlined King LHS as well

8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Spectators!

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

mhmmm

10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

11. ReppTiePrepster

12. ironclad

ironclad Well-Known Member

One of may favorites, Don. An awesome all-around boot, particularly in black.

I own these and black wingtip boots from TSM. I wear both pairs very often. I'm as guilty as the next guy of chasing rare shell, but so many nice black shell models are almost always available and deserve more consideration.

2 people like this.
  13. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Well-Known Member

Here are a few.
    Btw, great shoe......so very comfortable. Wore them today. These pics are from last year though.

You will enjoy them.

[​IMG]

With navy chinos

[​IMG]

This past fall

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Thank you RTP, I've decided to make room for all three incoming models (J Crew #8 PCT, Leffot #8 Tankers and DC cigar captoes). I can see myself wearing all three in rotation with Carmina and Vibergs. I just hope that #8 Tankers and cigar captoe don't come at the same time :happy:

15. WTGuthrie

WTGuthrie Member

I typically wear the Cape Cod series in a 9.5D so I don't have any experience in the Barrie or TruBalance last. I just purchased a beautiful VTip in the Leydon last in size 9.5D and a NST in Aberdeen last in 9.5D. Both were tight. My casual shoes I wear a 10D. Thought I would be safe with 9.5D with these. The TruBalance are HUGE. I'm not sure a 9D will fit. The Barrie last is close so a 9D will be right on if not a little snug. Guess I was wishful thinking!

1 person likes this.
  16. WTGuthrie

WTGuthrie Member

None that I can see. They are fantastic looking!

17. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

I can't tell the difference between a Dover and a PTB. Is the Dover toe sleeker and more upturned?

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
    Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

18. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

The Dovers have the piece of leather that the eyelets are in that extends in an arc down to the welt.
    Edit
    Dover:
    [​IMG]

PTB:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. 90shilling

90shilling Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you, I now have an unhealthy addiction to horse's ass. :thumbup:

I can only stare in awe :eek: at mdubs incredible collection, and I don't know whether to be inspired or scared by what he was able to amass in one year.

[​IMG]

975 color 8, fresh out of the box

[​IMG]

After two wears, with some creases and color variations.

I am shell over heels in love with Alden.

3 people like this.
  20. ReppTiePrepster

Welcome to the club my friend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.