• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

100 yrs

Reaction score

New Arrival:
Brooks Brothers Brown Suede Tassel Loafers I was kind of hoping that I would not like them when they got here because I have my eye on something else and don't want to keep both because I feel like I'm out of control, but unfortunately I think I like them. Not sure they'll get much wear. [COLOR=417394] [/COLOR] Notice that they DO in fact have the foxing on the heel, unlike the Alden stock model 666.
Please, someone convince me not to like them.
i'll be the naysayer and say return them. you said yourself you have an eye on something else and you don't think you'll wear them much.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New RL Marlow Wingtip
Yes I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on this thread, but I think they'll be a great compliment to my growing family of shell cordovan shoes.
With Snapseed you can really see the different shades in the shell. My #8 PTB 990's are almost officially up for sale. Can't keep everything, or can you?

Last edited:

david3558

Reaction score

New RL Marlow Wingtip
Yes I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on this thread, but I think they'll be a great compliment to my growing family of shell cordovan shoes.
With Snapseed you can really see the different shades in the shell. My #8 PTB 990's are almost officially up for sale. Can't keep everything, or can you?

Awesome! What sizing did you end up going with? Same as Barrie?

TactileOne

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of Alden New England calf split toe oxfords on Ebay, pictures when they arrive. Think I've developed a serious shoe problem since I started browsing in here. Have purchased from Ebay lately: the Aldens, a pair of AE Cameron penny Lloafers, and a pair of Redwing cigar Beckmans. It all started with me buying a pair of Wolverine 1000s three weeks ago.

HELP, think I'm sick!

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to fellow sf'er PhiPsi32, I am the happy new owner of a brand new pair of LS CXL Jumpers. They have just a day's wear on them so far and I am loving them.

Countingsheep

Reaction score
Very nice, both Patrick and David... :slayer:

Btw, just listed some cigar chukkas (see sig). Want to move them fairly quickly so all offers will be entertained

david3558

Reaction score

J&M site doesn't seem to have them in stock, I might go for those from 1901...

[edit] oh, they're in stock but shipping is 8.95, scratch that...

Don't do that! Go to a J&M store, or call one up - tell them to place an order for you and just ask them for free shipping. I went to my local one (Prudential) and they had a pretty weak selection of colors. I took the ones they had and had them UPS the rest of them to me. Got all 7 colors for $15 - free shipping... :)

david3558

Reaction score
Seriously - I hope it stays this way - perfect just in time for Easter. Time to break out the suede LWBs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads