• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

closerlook

Reaction score
RE the tanker vs lwb width question:

theoretically it shouldn't, but i had a pair of the leffot tankers that were quite narrow compared to gunboat lwb.
there are tons of quirks with aldens, and I have noticed repeatedly that if the shoe does not have the storm welt and its on the barrie, the makers tend to pull the upper tighter around the last resulting in a snugger fit. some may disagree, but I've seen it happen over and over.

just my 2c.

Last edited:

herrmj

Reaction score
PSA/reminder: brooks brothers doing $100 off $500 (200 of 800) right now, works on aldens, ends tomorrow. Get that unlined lhs hookup!

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was going to say the same thing. While it might be somewhat viable on a shoe, on a boot it's a real no-go for me.

Crepe soles work well on the Context Roy boots and various suede options (chukka boots, "Milkshake" Indy boots, etc)

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Leffot tankers are definitely a bit more narrow than similar sized Longwings. However, given all are in E widths, I can wear them all comfortably.

alex4nder

Reaction score

First, I must say this thread is really helpful. I am trying to decide on sizing for the NST Tanker Boot on the Barrie last. In the LWB, 10.5E fits me the best, I have read that the Tanker boot actually runs more narrow than the LWB or PTB. Has any one eperienced this first hand?

This has been my experience. I have three 9.5D Barries: the LWB is spacious, the Brixton short-wing boot is more narrow but manageable, and the new Leffot Tanker is narrow enough that I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they get more comfortable with time. All of these shoes were purchased in the last 6 months, the LWB and Brixton are both on double-leather soles.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Send back.
Acquire the 975.
thats what I'm leaning towards..

thanks for the feedback
cheers.gif

aldenfan

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on what is "normal" for cordovan leather shoe finishing and quality. I ordered some #8 cordovan boots from Shoemart. One of the boots that arrived appears to have a pretty serious wrinkle on the top part of the boot. Is this normal? Should I send it back? Would this be considered a factory second?

Also, both boots have some pits or wrinkles in the sides of the toes - they aren't smooth. One of them looks like this:

Definitely not as well finished or flawless to me as the #8 cordovan cap toe from J Crew that just arrived today. Would these be considered defects or is this expected?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Dr. D

Reaction score

PSA/reminder: brooks brothers doing $100 off $500 (200 of 800) right now, works on aldens, ends tomorrow. Get that unlined lhs hookup!

Next Thursday (March 14) is Brooks corporate discount day, 30% off if you have a discount card. As usual their flyer says cordovan is excluded, but if you load a pair in your cart before the sale starts then they will most likely be there when the 30% off sale starts and the corodovan section of the website magically disappears, as it seems to do every time they have a big sale. I have personal experience using this technique and used it last fall to drop the price of some LHS to $455.

I also noticed that Brooks has added a few more Aldens this season:
snuff tassels
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede...var_MH00249_Color=BRWN&contentpos=4&cgid=0522

cxl tassels
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Calfs...ar_MH00248_Color=KHAK&contentpos=50&cgid=0522

chocolate brown tassels
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Brown...wvar_035H_Color=BRWN&contentpos=200&cgid=0522

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Next Thursday (March 14) is Brooks corporate discount day, 30% off if you have a discount card. As usual their flyer says cordovan is excluded, but if you load a pair in your cart before the sale starts then they will most likely be there when the 30% off sale starts and the corodovan section of the website magically disappears, as it seems to do every time they have a big sale. I have personal experience using this technique and used it last fall to drop the price of some LHS to $455.

I also noticed that Brooks has added a few more Aldens this season:
snuff tassels
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede...var_MH00249_Color=BRWN&contentpos=4&cgid=0522

cxl tassels
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Calfs...ar_MH00248_Color=KHAK&contentpos=50&cgid=0522

chocolate brown tassels
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Brown...wvar_035H_Color=BRWN&contentpos=200&cgid=0522

Was about to post this, and you can always call their online 800 number and they will give you 30%

shaunw

Reaction score

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I see of the cigar LWB the more I'd like to get a pair. Very nice gunboats sir!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads