• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutrino

Reaction score
suede long wing x leffot
Received mine recently, half a year after I first had laid my eyes on them. These are stunning in person, can't wait for the proper spring to come to wear them.

shaunw

Reaction score
Hi guys. Finally got my Indy boots (Ultimate's from Leather Soul) but have a question! They're really beautiful, but I'm unsure about the fit. I was advised to order size 10.5 D (I'm an 11 in most shoes, a 10.5 in some) but I can't tell if they're just a bit big.

My toes end up basically right where the white stitching is. Perhaps just past it. Given the shape/style of the boot (it's narrower in the toe than most boots/shoes I wear), is this proper fit? On and laced, they don't feel loose or anything, I'm just not sure if that's too much room in the toe for where my foot should be (or if a 10 then might be too small). Any help, I'd really appreciate! Thanks so much. I'll get some pics up soon.

ww

I have very similar experience with alden boots on the trubalance last. I'm a 10.5 in regular shoes so when I got into aldens I went with a 10D. What I have come to learn is that a 10D works good for me on the barrie last and other narrower lasts. The trubalance is so generous overall that my foot "swims" in a 10D, and my toes were right were yours are by the white stiching. I can cinch the laces down and make it work but it's not ideal. I have actually sized down a full size to a 9.5D for trubalance only and the fit is almost perfect. A 9.75D probably would be perfect but not an option....

Last edited:

rfc84

Reaction score

I have very similar experience with alden boots on the trubalance last. I'm a 10.5 in regular shoes so when I got into aldens I went with a 10D. What I have come to learn is that a 10D works good for me on the barrie last and other narrower lasts. The trubalance is so generous overall that my foot "swims" in a 10D, and my toes were right were yours are by the white stiching. I can cinch the laces down and make it work but it's not ideal. I have actually sized down a full size to a 9.5D for trubalance only and the fit is almost perfect. A 9.75D probably would be perfect but not an option....

I've had a similar experience with my own pair of indy boots. I wear a 10 in most shoes, occasionally a 9.5. I ordered a 9.5. The heel fits well and doesn't move when walking. I do feel like I have a ton of room up at the front of my foot though. If I wear thick socks and securely lace them, they work fine. If I want to wear them with thinner socks, I find the extra space in the front feels funky and I generally stick in a thin, flat insert like these http://www.zappos.com/spenco-comfor..._id=US5FuQAABQdfd2Ws:20130227174321:s#prdInfo Wearing with an insert isn't perfect though, and I don't like how it slightly elevates the heel, which otherwise fits so well. If I ordered again, I would probably get a 9, at least to test the fit.

Last edited:

azima

Reaction score
Received mine recently, half a year after I first had laid my eyes on them. These are stunning in person, can't wait for the proper spring to come to wear them.

Just ordered their last pair yesterday. Can't wait to get them. Glad to hear they look just as good in person

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have very similar experience with alden boots on the trubalance last. I'm a 10.5 in regular shoes so when I got into aldens I went with a 10D. What I have come to learn is that a 10D works good for me on the barrie last and other narrower lasts. The trubalance is so generous overall that my foot "swims" in a 10D, and my toes were right were yours are by the white stiching. I can cinch the laces down and make it work but it's not ideal. I have actually sized down a full size to a 9.5D for trubalance only and the fit is almost perfect. A 9.75D probably would be perfect but not an option....
Same goes exactly for me. I am an 8D in the Barrie and my Indy's are an 8D. I wear a decently thick sock and lace them very tight and the fit works for me. However, there is ample room in the toebox. I would really like to try on a 7.5 to see the fit. I have considered ordering a pair from Shoemart to try and then selling my 8's if I deem the fit better but not sure that I have the motivation to do all that considering the cost and time invested to do that when the 8 while not ideal does work for me. Had I never found the forum the 8 Indy would fit me better than it does today
satisfied.gif

Hermitedge

Reaction score

Same goes exactly for me. I am an 8D in the Barrie and my Indy's are an 8D. I wear a decently thick sock and lace them very tight and the fit works for me. However, there is ample room in the toebox. I would really like to try on a 7.5 to see the fit. I have considered ordering a pair from Shoemart to try and then selling my 8's if I deem the fit better but not sure that I have the motivation to do all that considering the cost and time invested to do that when the 8 while not ideal does work for me. Had I never found the forum the 8 Indy would fit me better than it does today
satisfied.gif
I initially ordered true size 8D on them, and realized my foot was swimming and would get worse with wear. I exchanged them out for a 7.5D, and the fit was MUCH better. The only downside is that my left foot is slightly smaller so the fit is a bit meh on that side... but they look great so I can live with it. Hope my future barrie 7.5D fit is more snug so I don't have to be held captive with thick socks all the time.

what whale

Reaction score

I have very similar experience with alden boots on the trubalance last. I'm a 10.5 in regular shoes so when I got into aldens I went with a 10D. What I have come to learn is that a 10D works good for me on the barrie last and other narrower lasts. The trubalance is so generous overall that my foot "swims" in a 10D, and my toes were right were yours are by the white stiching. I can cinch the laces down and make it work but it's not ideal. I have actually sized down a full size to a 9.5D for trubalance only and the fit is almost perfect. A 9.75D probably would be perfect but not an option....

Interesting, thanks. I was worried the full size down might be too snug, but your post leads me to believe otherwise. Plus I'm guessing there's a bit of stretching that will go on as the boot gets worn in. So maybe I go with a 10D!

(The trouble now of course is that Leather Soul doesn't have the 10D in stock, and their re-supply isn't coming for a few months. So it's either wait [which boots in hand seems torturous] or go with the standard Chromexcel 403. I'm leaning toward the latter!)

ww

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kinda wish these were on the Leydon last. I couldn't pre-order a narrow width on the Barrie, but I could probably wear a D width on the Leydon if I went down a half size

Last edited:

100 yrs

Reaction score
random alden thought: the alden thread has the 3rd most views in SW&D behind the WAYWT threads. i wonder how aware retailers are of this thread's existence. obviously many are, but i always stop myself from mentioning it when calling a store to inquire about something i discovered in here.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

random alden thought: the alden thread has the 3rd most views in SW&D behind the WAYWT threads. i wonder how aware retailers are of this thread's existence. obviously many are, but i always stop myself from mentioning it when calling a store to inquire about something i discovered in here.

Basically all of the specialty retailers mentioned in the thread know about "Styleforum" - not sure how many now there is a gigantic thread just about Alden, though.

The thread really is the most comprehensive source for Alden information on the internet, outside of maybe Leffot and LeatherSoul's blogs

Last edited:

herrmj

Reaction score
I've seen it up on the screen at a certain seattle alden retailer before.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NXL Indy Oxfords today:

PS I stopped by a local J. Crew to place an order on the red phone for a Drake's item. The SA said they're having a secret sale of 20% off everything. The 20% was applied to my item. I'm not sure if it works on Aldens or not, but did with my order, and Drake's is a 3rd party vendor.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen it up on the screen at a certain seattle alden retailer before.

That's awesome.

AldenxEpaulet NatCXL LWB today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads