• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Do you have their email or something..? so i could email them and check if they still have my size..

alright, will ask you to help me proxy if they wont ship it to me :D

amftx

Reaction score
Just got my first Indy boots. Brenda at Alden was gracious enough to send me some flat waxed laces. Maiden voyage this weekend.

Any recommendations for the right polish to use on dark CXL?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forget who, but someone was looking, I think for snuff suede LWBs. Leffot has them again.

Those are nice looking shoes.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont have their email since i always jsut walk in or call. i can call them for you and find out your size

you can PM me what size and model and everything and ill see if htey ship intl

but maybe someone else on here actually has an email for them instead

Dayman

Reaction score
Quick cross post. I started a Hellbrand Leatherworks Appreciation thread. I wanted a belt to go with my Kudu Ultimate Indy boots, but I couldn't find what I wanted. Hellbrand made me a custom CXL belt at a reasonable price. It arrived today, and I ordered another one to match my LSxSE natural CXL conservation boots. The customer service is excellent.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/296915/hellbrand-leatherworks-appreciation-thread

Thanks. I have been looking for new belts lately.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my first Indy boots. Brenda at Alden was gracious enough to send me some flat waxed laces. Maiden voyage this weekend.
Any recommendations for the right polish to use on dark CXL?

So when you lace like this you don't actually use, or hook into, any of the speed hooks?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Alden of DC carries any other cordovan boots (i.e. Cigar or #8 Indy or #8 Captoe)? Otherwise I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks.

amftx

Reaction score

So when you lace like this you don't actually use, or hook into, any of the speed hooks?

I put the laces like that just for storage. So the laces aren't hanging down, flopping around, or getting caught in anything.

I haven't worn them yet, but when I do I plan to use the speed hooks.

You have given me an idea though....

Last edited:

CFowler2790

Reaction score
I'm about to get my first pair of Aldens, specifically the Indy, but stuck on which color to get, the 403 or the 405, such a tough one!
Also is the J.Crew Indy a chromexcel version of the original 405 or is the same color as the 403, because the website says its a 405 with chromexcel and that its dark brown...

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the 403 Indy. I've tried on the 403 and the 405. The 405 is lighter with a little bit of a reddish hue which didn't appeal to me.

The Alden Shop of San Francisco is easy to deal with. Order online, free shipping, and no hassle returns on unworn shoes.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question regarding Leydon last sizing, do you wear the same size Leydon as the Hampton/Plaza last?

Therendition

Reaction score
I'm about to get my first pair of Aldens, specifically the Indy, but stuck on which color to get, the 403 or the 405, such a tough one!
Also is the J.Crew Indy a chromexcel version of the original 405 or is the same color as the 403, because the website says its a 405 with chromexcel and that its dark brown...

J.Crew's 405's are Chromexcel. I can confirm beyond the website's description, as I owned a pair for some time.

Last edited:

CFowler2790

Reaction score
J.Crew's 405's are Chromexcel. I can confirm beyond the website's description, as I owned a pair for some time.

So they're basically a 403 with different stitching on the side/heel, and the pad on the inside says J.Crew? I've been squinting at comparison pics for ever now trying to figure it out lol

Edit: Nvm, finally got lucky and searched the correct term on google and found the answer, turns out my squinting comparison was spot on
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads