• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues4life

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Indy shell #8 on the Trubalance last at Alden of NY. They seem to have a large selection of Aldens at this store. (also sorry to hear some one else had a bad buying experience. I spoke to them on several occasions and thought they treated me great. I also bought Alden Defender fro them)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's sunny in SF! My AF53 color8 is getting some sun bathing. :happy:

This is exactly why I bought a pair of AF53s. Of course, it will be a while before I have them looking as good as these do. Probably need to take them for some R&R in sunny California.

hkpm

Reaction score
Those creases look nice !

It's sunny in SF! My AF53 color8 is getting some sun bathing.
happy.gif

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do people hate on the Alden crepe sole? I love mine so far. It is a very dense crepe (similar to some Church's crepe I have) that has some good traction.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

New Soles in my LS Jumpers in the wild...I know they didn't get too much acclaim here, but I LOVE THEM!
0648d19d.jpg

nephew,
i like your sweater. your soles do not work for me.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea, the Jumpers got lots of acclaim, my custom soles, not so much...:)

I dig those soles!
By the way, why are they called Jumpers? And what makes them a "jumper"? Are my J Crew #8 cap-toe boots jumpers?

1k2go

Reaction score

Thank you for the comments :)
I've seen some color8 wing tip boots w/ light antique edge at Unionmade. They were so tempting for me, and the boots look super nice in person!
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Halleck_Cordovan_Wing_Tip_Boot_in_Color_8_3534.html
And here're the indy shoes in black. Though it's not the antique edge, but the welt is natural.
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Indy_Shoe_in_Black_3442.html
And I don't think Alden can be custom ordered. Hope this helps :)

Definitely helps. Thank you. I'll probably hold off until I can find an true black. Although the color #8 is nice/tempting, I need a definitive change in colors in the closet.

advan031

Reaction score
I wish those AF53s were on a different last like grant or something. Looks great nonetheless!

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dig those soles!
By the way, why are they called Jumpers? And what makes them a "jumper"? Are my J Crew #8 cap-toe boots jumpers?

It seems like any cap toe boot is often referred to as a 'jumper' because they resemble the military boots that para-troopers wear/wore to jump out of planes with.

Abecedarian

Reaction score
Why do people hate on the Alden crepe sole? I love mine so far. It is a very dense crepe (similar to some Church's crepe I have) that has some good traction.

I ask myself the same thing. I have the Alden x Leffot kudu LWB on the crepe sole and it's incredibly comfortable, has good traction, and looks great. If I were looking for something to complain about, I suppose it would be the speed with which the leather toe has worn down.

ozzyboo

Reaction score

I love the crepe soles also, the most comfortable sole I have on my Aldens and they work very well in slippery conditions, at least for me. Some folks here don't like how ragged they can get, however, particularly the leather tip at the toe.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the crepe soles also, the most comfortable sole I have on my Aldens and they work very well in slippery conditions, at least for me. Some folks here don't like how ragged they can get, however, particularly the leather tip at the toe.

I think part of the problem is the leather tip can wear at a different rate than the rest of the sole, which is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads