• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbrown

Reaction score

So I have decided that I need a Color 8 boot.
I already have Cigar Cap Toe boot on order so I am ruling out that style.
I have narrowed it down the the following two:
Plain Toe:
Wing Tip:
Thoughts???

It depends very much on what you are looking for. I have the AoC plain toe boots, they are a great boot for casual wear or something just shy of a beater boot. I wear mine when they may get wet, muddy or scuffed, but not so much so that I know I should be wearing my ugly waterproof Danners - i.e. I would wear them for strolling in a light snow, but not for shoveling the driveway. I guess I wear them in all of the same circumstances I wear commando-soled Indy's. They are way too casual looking for e.g. business casual attire - no one will mistake them for "proper" shoes, no matter what else I'm wearing.

I don't own those wingtip boots, but given that they are (a) wingtips with (b) leather soles on (c) the Barrie last, I would be as comfortable wearing them in the office as I am in, say, RL/C&J Lindricks. I do not wear my Lindricks in the woods like I do with the commando-soled boots. I would probably wear these boots in any circumstance where I would wear longwings.

So I put the question back to you: what kind of boot do you want?

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone help me identify the model of the Alden boot on the right? Also, somewhere I may be able to still order a pair?

Looks like a pair of Natural CXL Plain Toe Boots in Military Last. Unusual last + even more unusual Vivram Christi sole makes me assume that this model is a special make up for Japanese retailer. :teach:

----
I know people here are more of MC type but does anyone here own Fiorentini + Baker 745 boots? How does the sizing compare to Indys/whatever last you have?

Last edited:

NotClever

Reaction score
Hah, that's one of those pictures that is just cutting off the model number and just blurry enough that you can't read the web address. Any chance you actually have that magazine for a better pic?

nstar2442

Reaction score
I know - the model name is just out of sight! I don't have the magazine - jacked the pic from someones ebay auction.

Hoping someone knows the name of these or something similar.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to J Gilbert's brick & mortar? Yenni has such an adorable voice I wonder if she has the looks just as. :inlove:

advan031

Reaction score
lol...maybe ask her for a picture the next time you order! Yenni is extremely nice and helpful.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edubs - I would highly recommend the wingtip for a nice Color 8 boot, but that's just my opinion and I like wingtips more than plain toes in pretty much any scenario. So like others said, it really depends what you're looking for. You can't really go wrong with either :)

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I have decided that I need a Color 8 boot.
I already have Cigar Cap Toe boot on order so I am ruling out that style.
I have narrowed it down the the following two:
Plain Toe:

Wing Tip:

Thoughts???

for some season I like the plain toe boot but in black shell, it kind of gives it that real shitkicker look. for the wingtip I prefer color 8.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edubs - I would highly recommend the wingtip for a nice Color 8 boot, but that's just my opinion and I like wingtips more than plain toes in pretty much any scenario. So like others said, it really depends what you're looking for. You can't really go wrong with either :)

Last time I was in the San Fran Alden Store Kevin had Color 8 wingtip boots on. I was surprised how nice the looked.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ravello LWB today.
944cee07.jpg

54862dc3.jpg

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx for all of the feedback.

I decided to go with the Color 8 Wing Tip boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads