• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2czobch.jpg

color 8 cap toe boot
argyles otc

Great shoes. Plaza last? Captoe boots are becoming my favorite style.

Someone needs to make these in ravello or whiskey.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great shoes. Plaza last? Captoe boots are becoming my favorite style.
Someone needs to make these in ravello or whiskey.

thank you
plaza last
i second your wish!

blues4life

Reaction score
New to this forum. I just purchased a pair of cigar LHS in 11D VAN Last. Will the Barrie 11D work for me on my next purchase? The VAN 11D fits me perfectly and from what I've read sounds like I should he Ok with the same size Barrie.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
from Fore Supply Co, new lifetime supply of Venetian Shoe Creme. recommended by Nick Horween for shell.

Has anyone used both Saphir Reno and Venetian Shoe Cream? I'm a big Saphir fan but there are a lot of Venetian proponents as well. My tub of Saphir is almost done, thinking about trying out Venetian...

anyone want to split a 32oz with me? if interested PM me

+1. Mac is relaxing at a Starbucks with his Plaza lasted black wingtip boots. Those are sweeter than a caramel latte with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

nephew,
thank you for your comments on my color 8 wt boot

:embar: excuse me. Color 8? even better.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone used both Saphir Reno and Venetian Shoe Cream? I'm a big Saphir fan but there are a lot of Venetian proponents as well. My tub of Saphir is almost done, thinking about trying out Venetian...

If your foot is on the narrower side, you may be able to do the same size in Barrie and Grant. For most "normal" feet and definitely for wider feet, size up width or length.
My feet are wider, so I wear
9.5E Barrie
10D Barrie, Trubalance, and Tremont
10E Grant and Aberdeen
I don't have any Plaza or Leydon
EDIT - I believe Namor can fit into a C width Barrie but wears D width Grant, so he isn't wearing the same size in both lasts (correct me if I am wrong)

exactly. If you have a narrower foot, or take narrow widths in Alden, good chance the youll take the same size in Grant as Barrie (assuming you take a D width in Barrie). Grant is a little long. Staying TTS is too big.

Last edited:

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:facepalm: did they have a 11.5? This is a lovely lw made on the Grant last

Unless my tired eyes are missing where it says Grant last, this looks like the class 975 model #8 longwing which is on the Barrie.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thank you
plaza last
i second your wish!

uncle, in your experiences, have you found the Plaza last to crease more? IMO, the Plaza last, along with the Barrie last crease the most in the vamp area. Anyone else relate to this?

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unless my tired eyes are missing where it says Grant last, this looks like the class 975 model #8 longwing which is on the Barrie.

I read somewhere that they were made on the Grant last. If they are in fact on the Barrie last, I feel less bad for missing out on this deal

Last edited:

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

uncle, in your experiences, have you found the Plaza last to crease more? IMO, the Plaza last, along with the Barrie last crease the most in the vamp area. Anyone else relate to this?

It probably depends on how the last fits your feet. All other things equal, the better the fit, the less creasing one will experience. The Grant last fits me like a glove and I have experienced less creasing with that last than the Barrie and Trubalance which fit me well but there is more room inside the shoe.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

exactly. If you have a narrower foot, or take narrow widths in Alden, good chance the youll take the same size in Grant as Barrie (assuming you take a D width in Barrie). Grant is a little long. Staying TTS is too big.

This is actually very well said. People always come on here and ask about the Grant last and there really is no clear cut answer. Some say TTS while others say same size as Barrie. After everything I have read and from personal experience my take would be if you have a narrow to average foot you would want to consider same size as the Barrie. If you have slightly wide foot (like me), you may want to go TTS. I tried same size as Barrie, and the tapered toe box of the Grant didn't offer me enough room in the toe box. Going up 1/2 size helped out quite a bit.

Of course everyone's feet are different and there will be variations, but this is a pretty good generalization, IMO.

maxusone

Reaction score
I
I spent all my elbow grease to get rid of the polish buildup on this shoe.

The shoe is 7 years old.

The pictures are made on a normal daylight, next time when the sun comes it out I will capture the beautys in the sun.

you did a good job

Thanks mac, I appreciate that

[ATTACHMENT=1546]P1010143.JPG (2,967k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads