• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTYGGG

Reaction score

I gave in to my first pair of Alden Irregulars. This is because I've always wanted to try suede out, but don't want to pay retail. We will see how it goes. It's on modified last, $300.

Nice purchase! Hope they workout for you, suede is ultra comfortable.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took the irregular plunge once again as I wanted to try a pair of suede boots in a size different than I usually wear (8.5d Barrie -> trying 8E Barrie). I've made 4 irregular purchases in the past and still have one pair (#8 Chukkas). All the others I sold off due to not liking fit and/or style (brown calf wingtip boot w/commando sole on Leydon, unlined tan suede chukka on Leydon and brown suede chukka w/crepe sole on Barrie).

We'll see how these go.....

jt2gt

Reaction score

I took the irregular plunge once again as I wanted to try a pair of suede boots in a size different than I usually wear (8.5d Barrie -> trying 8E Barrie). I've made 4 irregular purchases in the past and still have one pair (#8 Chukkas). All the others I sold off due to not liking fit and/or style (brown calf wingtip boot w/commando sole on Leydon, unlined tan suede chukka on Leydon and brown suede chukka w/crepe sole on Barrie).
We'll see how these go.....

I was hoping for a #8 chukka in my size on irregular list, but not there. I settled for a pair of snuff sued pennys on van last (size 8), look great. Only flaw is a spot of snarky suede on the very back...perfect place for it. Rest of shoe looks great and fit is on the money.

JT

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you find the tongue sliding off to the side to be uncomfortable?

its annoying more than anything else. What is uncomfortable is when the speedhooks snag the pant, especially the stitching. Oooff

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you find the tongue sliding off to the side to be uncomfortable?

its annoying more than anything else. What is uncomfortable is when the speedhooks snag the pant, especially the stitching. Oooff

I noticed that on the C&J for Polo Lidricks I just got, the tongue is stitched down on one side to prevent the sliding.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I noticed that on the C&J for Polo Lidricks I just got, the tongue is stitched down on one side to prevent the sliding.

ahhh, yes, I thought of asking a cobbler to do this on my Alden Boots. Cant wait to get my Lindricks!

g.michael

Reaction score
Boring, I know, but I just received an "irregular" pair of Aberdeen lasted full-strap loafers in Color 8 from Shoemart. I've been going through some sizing issues lately but it seems to have worked out with these.
The only flaw/blemish I can see is that someone tried them on and minimally creased them. They look and feel awesome!!!!:slayer:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That seems to be the best solution. It would be nice if Alden took care of it, but I guess you could have someone put in a few stitches locally.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Boring, I know, but I just received an "irregular" pair of Aberdeen lasted full-strap loafers in Color 8 from Shoemart. I've been going through some sizing issues lately but it seems to have worked out with these.
The only flaw/blemish I can see is that someone tried them on and minimally creased them. They look and feel awesome!!!!:slayer:

noice. I think most would be pleasantly surprised with the Aberdeen last. Initially, I thought it was a narrow last, reserved for only narrow feet, but I was impressed with how well they fit. Aberdeen is probably one of the more under appreciated Alden lasts

Last edited:

k11

Reaction score

Hi, Can I ask about the cordovan?

There are a lot of cracks on this pair. I know these parts had some stress. But I want to wear my shoes a long time.
and I also know i do not have to wear cordovan in the rain.

Do not you have any suggestion about your cordovan with the cracking?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those with suede/nubuck, how do you care for them?

I know the sand suedes I ordered will pick up dirt and grime sooner or later. I had a pair of Clarks Desert Boots in several colors and they got dirty sooner or later. I never bothered cleaning them because they were cheap enough to replace.

nbernie

Reaction score
Namor- you have really got that sizing down a width thing down; your shoes boots/ always look incredibly long and sleek.

Also, WHERE IS MAC?! No pics in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads