• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get traction for a whiskey (or cigar) longwing boot order over on the Alden MTO thread for quite some time on the Plaza/Grant/Leydon last on a commando sole for quite some time, but it seems everyone wants Barrie or thinks the longwing boot is too 'fancy'. A chorus from here might be helpful in getting that done.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ i don't know where to begin inquiring on such things. Leathersoul? Leffot? Alden direct? i didn't follow the MTO thread. call me crazy, but i'm not a huge fan of ravello or whiskey. cigar for me.

beowolf

Reaction score
Now that I have sold my black cordovan boots, I am back to square one and looking for boot that is proper for my feet.

or

I missed out on the cigar pit boot. :bored:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been trying to get traction for a whiskey (or cigar) longwing boot order over on the Alden MTO thread for quite some time on the Plaza/Grant/Leydon last on a commando sole for quite some time, but it seems everyone wants Barrie or thinks the longwing boot is too 'fancy'. A chorus from here might be helpful in getting that done.

^^ i don't know where to begin inquiring on such things. Leathersoul? Leffot? Alden direct? i didn't follow the MTO thread. call me crazy, but i'm not a huge fan of ravello or whiskey. cigar for me.

I have spoken to Mike at Epaulet and he would be willing to put an order through for us if I can get 6 to 8 folks agreed to a preorder. Bdeuce, if you want just a cigar wingtip boot on Barrie, Epaulet is getting their Brixton boot in Cigar on the Barrie in October. I would prefer a sleeker last so hoping to drum up some interest in a preorder.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I have spoken to Mike at Epaulet and he would be willing to put an order through for us if I can get 6 to 8 folks agreed to a preorder. Bdeuce, if you want just a cigar wingtip boot on Barrie, Epaulet is getting their Brixton boot in Cigar on the Barrie in October. I would prefer a sleeker last so hoping to drum up some interest in a preorder.

You can count me in for an order, but has Alden ever actually made a longwing boot?
Here's a Tricker's LW boot to help imagine.
froswick.jpg

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grant last might work for you.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish more retailers would utilize the Grant last - from what I have seen it looks quite nice.

Grant last is definitely growing on me. Here's my humble family portrait. Cigar captoe boot on grant last is on the left. All others are on the barrie last.

mr chorizo

Reaction score
I have spoken to Mike at Epaulet and he would be willing to put an order through for us if I can get 6 to 8 folks agreed to a preorder. Bdeuce, if you want just a cigar wingtip boot on Barrie, Epaulet is getting their Brixton boot in Cigar on the Barrie in October. I would prefer a sleeker last so hoping to drum up some interest in a preorder. [/quote]

Good to know about that cigar boot coming through; we should try and compile an advent calendar of custom alden make-ups. Though it would be pretty similar, i've always wanted a cigar shell, commando soled, jumper boot on the barrie last. The toe box on the grant bothers me a little...maybe too pointed at the tip.

Cigar short wing bluchers would also be pretty sexy (see ravello make up for leather sole)

jt2gt

Reaction score
lagsun...which do you wear/like more chukka or PTB in shell cordovan 8? I know they are both on barrie...do they fit the same? Is the J.Crew chukka same as Alden in #8?

Great groupBTW.

JT

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to know about that cigar boot coming through; we should try and compile an advent calendar of custom alden make-ups. Though it would be pretty similar, i've always wanted a cigar shell, commando soled, jumper boot on the barrie last. The toe box on the grant bothers me a little...maybe too pointed at the tip.

Cigar short wing bluchers would also be pretty sexy (see ravello make up for leather sole)[/quote]

I am happy to put together a google doc with upcoming preorders, etc. and provide access to people who request it. Let me know via pm if that sounds like a good idea. People who have access can just fill in the information as they have it. That Jumper boot sounds awesome...if only we could agree on a non-Barrie last. :embar: I have grown to dislike the blobbiness of Barrie and Trubalance, even though I have multiple pairs on those lasts and still happily wear them. If I add to my collection, I would want it on a preferred last. :D

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lagsun...which do you wear/like more chukka or PTB in shell cordovan 8? I know they are both on barrie...do they fit the same? Is the J.Crew chukka same as Alden in #8?

Great groupBTW.

JT

Of the two #8 shoes, I currently like the PTB more but maybe because it's newer. The # 8 Chukkas were my first Alden shoe and were from the ShoeMart seconds list. Even though the Chukka and PTB are both 8.5D on the barrie last, I find the Chukka has the roomiest fit of all my shoes. My brown calf wingtip boot and the brown CXL pitt boot are also 8.5D on the barrie and they are snugger in the forefoot.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Sent 3 pairs of shoes & boots to Alden Restoration back in May - I received one pair last week and one pair today. Both screwed up! What's the Vegas line that the third pair isn't what I want? Ugh!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sent 3 pairs of shoes & boots to Alden Restoration back in May - I received one pair last week and one pair today. Both screwed up! What's the Vegas line that the third pair isn't what I want? Ugh!

what did they do? or didn't do?

I agree with chrk33 about the Grant last. I'm done with Blobby Barrie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads