• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The jokes thread for Styleforum 10th Anniversary Party - See linked thread for real info.

For those coming from out of town, and do you plan on staying at the W?

• I plan to stay at the W San Francisco.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I will not be staying at the W.

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
If it's May 12, I might be able to swing it in conjunction with a business trip to DC.

I'll be in Paris on vacation May 5.

I realize, of course, my schedule does not influence much around here.

All the same...my vote would be for the 12th.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great news for anyone arriving a little stressed out from their flight...

Relax in the new yoga room at San Francisco airport
120125-yoga-room-hmed.photoblog500.jpg

Courtesy of San Francisco International Airport
San Francisco International Airport now has a yoga room where frazzled travelers can take a few moments to relax before or after a flight.
By Harriet Baskas, msnbc.com contributor
Stressed-out travelers willing and able to be flexible now have a new way to relax and refresh at San Francisco International Airport.
On Thursday, the airport officially opens what it claims is the world’s first dedicated yoga room at an airport.
“The room gives modern travelers a space that fosters and supports quiet and reflection. Those aren’t emotions that people typically encounter at the airport,” said Melissa Mizell, design director for Gensler, the Terminal 2 architecture firm that also created the yoga room, in a statement.
120125-yoga-room2-vmed.380;380;7;70.jpg

San Francisco International Airport now has a yoga room where frazzled travelers can take a few moments to relax.
Located just past the security checkpoint in the recently renovated Terminal 2, the new yoga room is bathed in calming blue light, with a floating wall said to symbolize a buoyant spirit and enlightened mind. Lights in the room are low and warm — to counteract the bright concourse — and loaner mats are supplied.
The innovative idea is getting early kudos.
"Relax passengers between flights? Help them find balance in the crazy world of travel? How wonderful!," said nurse consultant Anya Clowers of JetwithComfort.com.
"Airports like SFO get it," said Greg Principato, president of Airports Council International - North America. "They are looking at the big picture and meeting the needs of travelers by offering products and services that contribute to their overall comfort."
In the spring, large, felt-constructed rocks will be added to the room and arranged in a nod to Japanese-style, Zen garden spaces.
SFO spokesperson Charles Schuler said the new yoga room will be open whenever the Terminal 2 security checkpoint is open — currently 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. — and that a list of yoga room rules will soon be posted. “To help people find the room, we’ve even created signs that feature a stylized pictogram depicting a person in the lotus position.”
Sound too woo-woo for you?
For travelers seeking an alternate space to gather their thoughts without having to get down on the floor, SFO also offers the Berman reflection room — “a center for quiet reflection and meditation” — pre-security in the International Terminal.
And for those who find relaxation amid the bright lights and bustle, there's no shortage of bars.

lefty

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lefty, remind me: which SFO terminal has the corridor on which hippies can leave the present with the curl on top?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would enjoy coming to this party.

I probably wouldn't be able to convince my wife I wasn't cheating on her though in attending.

And I definitely can't do May 5 anyways.

Have fun, boys.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I would enjoy coming to this party.
I probably wouldn't be able to convince my wife I wasn't cheating on her though in attending.
And I definitely can't do May 5 anyways.
Have fun, boys.

That's a beautiful haiku.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great news for anyone arriving a little stressed out from their flight...

Relax in the new yoga room at San Francisco airport

120125-yoga-room-hmed.photoblog500.jpg

San Francisco International Airport now has a yoga room where frazzled travelers can take a few moments to relax before or after a flight.

By Harriet Baskas, msnbc.com contributor
Stressed-out travelers willing and able to be flexible now have a new way to relax and refresh at San Francisco International Airport.
On Thursday, the airport officially opens what it claims is the world’s first dedicated yoga room at an airport.
“The room gives modern travelers a space that fosters and supports quiet and reflection. Those aren’t emotions that people typically encounter at the airport,” said Melissa Mizell, design director for Gensler, the Terminal 2 architecture firm that also created the yoga room, in a statement.
120125-yoga-room2-vmed.380;380;7;70.jpg

San Francisco International Airport now has a yoga room where frazzled travelers can take a few moments to relax.
Located just past the security checkpoint in the recently renovated Terminal 2, the new yoga room is bathed in calming blue light, with a floating wall said to symbolize a buoyant spirit and enlightened mind. Lights in the room are low and warm — to counteract the bright concourse — and loaner mats are supplied.
The innovative idea is getting early kudos.
"Relax passengers between flights? Help them find balance in the crazy world of travel? How wonderful!," said nurse consultant Anya Clowers of JetwithComfort.com.
"Airports like SFO get it," said Greg Principato, president of Airports Council International - North America. "They are looking at the big picture and meeting the needs of travelers by offering products and services that contribute to their overall comfort."
In the spring, large, felt-constructed rocks will be added to the room and arranged in a nod to Japanese-style, Zen garden spaces.
SFO spokesperson Charles Schuler said the new yoga room will be open whenever the Terminal 2 security checkpoint is open — currently 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. — and that a list of yoga room rules will soon be posted. “To help people find the room, we’ve even created signs that feature a stylized pictogram depicting a person in the lotus position.”
Sound too woo-woo for you?
For travelers seeking an alternate space to gather their thoughts without having to get down on the floor, SFO also offers the Berman reflection room — “a center for quiet reflection and meditation” — pre-security in the International Terminal.
And for those who find relaxation amid the bright lights and bustle, there's no shortage of bars.
lefty

WTF? Yoga room? Where's my smoking lounge?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
whatever happened to that vox santoni guy? is he going to go?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
75% chance I can make May 5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads