• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnybravo

Reaction score
Just getting around to posting this. Completed Gordon Yao odd jacket in Holland & Sherry fabric for the summer. Three roll two, soft shoulder, half lined, side vents, patch pockets with barchetta breast pocket. Although I've only worn it once, I am quite happy with it thus far. The jacket very comfortable and is exactly what I wanted for HK temperatures. Gordon did a fantastic job and is always a pleasure to work with. Look forward to your thoughts. Apologies in advance for the pictures, I realize they can be better.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just getting around to posting this. Completed Gordon Yao odd jacket in Holland & Sherry fabric for the summer. Three roll two, soft shoulder, half lined, side vents, patch pockets with barchetta breast pocket. Although I've only worn it once, I am quite happy with it thus far. The jacket very comfortable and is exactly what I wanted for HK temperatures. Gordon did a fantastic job and is always a pleasure to work with. Look forward to your thoughts. Apologies in advance for the pictures, I realize they can be better.
Jacket looks really good. A couple of minor things, sleeves are too short and have Gordon look at the sleeve pitch, there are little bit of rumble on the back of your sleeves. Both are easy fix.

anvsky

Reaction score
Hello,

Super newb here. I am intrigued by the idea of CMT. But, does anyone know where to source Zegna, or H&S fabric for a "very hot climate" suit? Also, what quantity would I need to buy for a suit?

I am thinking, if random American merchants can source it for their OTR suits (e.g., saks 5th avenue), then it should be viable to get some online.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a little advice here:

I commissioned several bespoke pieces (suit, SC, shirts) from Peter Lee a few months ago while I was in Hong Kong. During this time, we dialed in my fit pretty well. I have since then ordered shirts over the phone and had them shipped abroad to the US and they have been satisfactory. I would like to purchase a new sport coat. Can I be reasonably sure that the MTM SC will turn out as well as the garments I ordered when I was in HK?

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As some of you may know from earlier in the thread, I previously bought some shirts from TCNY. I was happy with those shirts, I'm just thinking of trying another tailor for fun and different fabrics (for shirts) - haven't seen their main guys much in the shop recently!

I paid about HKD650-800 for my of my shirts there. Any good shirts tailor recommendations for (1) cheaper than that range, and (2) similar pricing to that range? Thanks.

Last edited:

feyy

Reaction score
Hi all, thought this was a good thread in which to ask this question. What is "canvas" and "fully canvassed" in Cantonese? Thanks.

Wongtouski

Reaction score
LOL

I just say canvass ( I forgot that the term is in Chinese), or I tend to say "I don't want the stuck on type" in Canto.

Garsson

Reaction score
Most of HK tailors can make jackets with English cutting very well. Is there any tailors in HK can do some Naples style jacket?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can try Peter Lee. I think he's used to SF requests for this.

In fact, I just got my first HK bespoke suit from him today. 4900 for a canvassed two piece CMT with blue linen fabric courtesy of our own Quality Seller many moons ago. I'd been hunting around for a blue linen DB suit for ages including two trips to Italy and eventually bit the bullet and went to Peter. Turn around was about 18 days - measured up on a Friday evening and got first basted fitting a week after, then second fitting another week later (though he said it'd be ready on the wednesday I wasn't free until the Friday) and then I picked it up on the third Friday, though it'd been ready before.

Fits me very well, I went with soft shoulder with a hint of camica spalla (it was much more pronounced on the previous fittings and I asked him to dial it back, I think he'd gotten quite a few requests for the neopolitan shoulder in the past). Overall I like the workmanship. I went for a plain blue bemberg lining and the attention to detail around the pockets etc is nice.

I've had the rest of the linen to be made up in a 3 piece SB and had the first fitting today and that looks quite promising too. This could be quite addictive.

iSurg

Reaction score
That's changed quite a bit. Last year he refused to do anything other than a padded structured shoulder and half canvassed only. No unlined options. So he can now do spalla...

redwarrior191

Reaction score
You can try Peter Lee. I think he's used to SF requests for this.

In fact, I just got my first HK bespoke suit from him today. 4900 for a canvassed two piece CMT with blue linen fabric courtesy of our own Quality Seller many moons ago. I'd been hunting around for a blue linen DB suit for ages including two trips to Italy and eventually bit the bullet and went to Peter. Turn around was about 18 days - measured up on a Friday evening and got first basted fitting a week after, then second fitting another week later (though he said it'd be ready on the wednesday I wasn't free until the Friday) and then I picked it up on the third Friday, though it'd been ready before.

Fits me very well, I went with soft shoulder with a hint of camica spalla (it was much more pronounced on the previous fittings and I asked him to dial it back, I think he'd gotten quite a few requests for the neopolitan shoulder in the past). Overall I like the workmanship. I went for a plain blue bemberg lining and the attention to detail around the pockets etc is nice.

I've had the rest of the linen to be made up in a 3 piece SB and had the first fitting today and that looks quite promising too. This could be quite addictive.
what?? last time i went there full canvass started at 5500, half canvass started at 3800.. your suit is full canvass??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads