• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spurious

Reaction score

Dude his shirts are 280 so trouser for350 is unheard of unless you're in mainland China

You should not look at HK.
Go to factory outlet in Tun Chung, there BB shop might have want you want but they would not be $350
If you are really looking at that price, don't buy any because you will regret

Yeah, I am probably way off here and will forget about it completely.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Cheap-ass.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont disagree, but the thing is, I need rather standard chinos, nothing too special. I want them fused and what not, I just want solid fabric quality and a wide selection of colors.
I guess, I have to look elsewhere.

I do disagree.
I surely can find a place that offer the same if not better pair of custom trousers below HK$950.
Many tailors in HK don't know english, and they don't do tourist business, and they are not at the conservative business dress or not even near the MTR stations. Those small shop can make a basic pair of pants at HKD300 level for CMT. If you want better quality, around HKD500 also for CMT. If you know the place to buy the fabric, a basic chino shouldn't cost more than HK450. Of course, it is not as convenience as you just walk in a tailor shop and they take care with everything. BTW, I don't thing pants has fusing, the waistband is alway canvassed.

I may post some of my pants photos when I have time. You can see the quality of a HK500 CMT pants.

Sorry, pals, Please DON'T PM me who is my tailor, he don't want new customers, he don't speak english, and I don't want to wait for a long time to get a pair of pants made. It used to take 1 week to make a pair, now is 1 month. Last year it charged just 450, now 500. Too much business cost problem.

Last edited:

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I dont disagree, but the thing is, I need rather standard chinos, nothing too special. I want them fused and what not, I just want solid fabric quality and a wide selection of colors.
I guess, I have to look elsewhere.

I do disagree.
I surely can find a place that offer the same if not better pair of custom trousers below HK$950.
Many tailors in HK don't know english, and they don't do tourist business, and they are not at the conservative business dress or not even near the MTR stations. Those small shop can make a basic pair of pants at HKD300 level for CMT. If you want better quality, around HKD500 also for CMT. If you know the place to buy the fabric, a basic chino shouldn't cost more than HK450. Of course, it is not as convenience as you just walk in a tailor shop and they take care with everything. BTW, I don't thing pants has fusing, the waistband is alway canvassed.

I may post some of my pants photos when I have time. You can see the quality of a HK500 CMT pants.

Sorry, pals, Please DON'T PM me who is my tailor, he don't want new customers, he don't speak english, and I don't want to wait for a long time to get a pair of pants made. It used to take 1 week to make a pair, now is 1 month. Last year it charged just 450, now 500. Too much business cost problem.

lol!

in the good old days i know of place that would do CTM for 35 RMB, cloth would for 15 RMB for cotton twills in SZ but this was over 10 years back and they would provide any buttons and zippers

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL!!!!!!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My pants maker at HKD500 level, CMT.

beautiful hand stitching:

The craftmenship is on par if not better than my AMHC trousers. AMHC charge around HKD2000 for CMT pants.

Last edited:

orca2

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I had my third fitting today at Lee Baron and there are still few more things they need to alter so I am going to have my forth fitting next week.
Things need to alter include:
1) the front colin is not smooth so the master said he will take a bit more in for me.
2) the trousers is still too short and they have to length 1 inch on each side.
Thank god I am not in a hurry or I will be pretty upset for the quality this time. I am sure I will try Gordon or go back to Ascot Chang for suit again.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I hear Gordon Quick by the lucky money is good- but be careful, he rolls with the Luminous Path.

Last edited:

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pricing of the Hong Kong tailors is going up and up.

2 years ago, I got my jacket made by Gordon at HKD3,700. Pant made by other tailor at 450, the total CMT charge = 4,150.
3m of Minnis Rangoon, about HKD800, total cost for a suit, HKD5,000. Less than USD650. A good deal, right?
or if I used regular H&S super 120's Target, around 2,850, so total was HKD7,000, or less than USD900. Still not bad, right?
Now you still can got a suit made up for less USD1,000, (may be basic Scabal 100's) but it is getting harder and harder.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The pricing of the Hong Kong tailors is going up and up.
Now you still can got a suit made up for less USD1,000, (may be basic Scabal 100's) but it is getting harder and harder.

Not from Chan or Yao.

I saw Yao on his recent trip and almost everything except for VBC cloth was at least $1600USD and up.

Last edited:

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if demand is really going up or if they're just awkwardly adjusting their prices for inflation at odd intervals.

tmecheung

Reaction score
I would use WW Chan for that request as Patrick would be more in tune with what you're looking for

I'm new here and also completely clueless about custom-tailoring :S, but I'm also looking for a suit that's less traditional. I'm a 2nd year student and can't spend over $10000HKD on a suit from WW Chan.
Any other tailors in HK that would satisfy my request at a lower price range?
Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads