• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nugs

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tailor with a turn around time of 4-5 days for a price of HKD4000~5000?

I've read dreambespoke, baron lee and some others might be in the price range, but I can't find much more about the minimum time.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Isolation, your Dream suits/garments are excellent. Stick with that. How many fittings were required and over what timeframe.
Hey Isolation, great stuff. What were the rough pricing for your suits from Dream Bespoke and blazer / cords from Moda?

Thanks guys. These are all CMT so far, and I bought the fabric from Dugdale's website. Dream had a set price of 4200 per suit, 300 for quarter lining 200 for MoPs, 950 for trousers/vests and 3250 for a jacket alone, all are fully canvassed. Moda charges I believe 3k for CMT fully canvassed suits, though they charged me less, I think 2800. I spent 5 weeks in Hong Kong actually to get all the suits made and I needed all that time because I am particularly specific about my fit (wanted it close fitting but not too much so) and my shoulder drop is difficult to account for. I think for someone else it'd take less time, but Dream, knowing I had so many commissions, gave me 5 or so fittings for my first two jackets, one DB and one SB. One we dialed that in, the next jacket was perfect right off and didn't require much if any adjustments.

Quote:

Thanks. I agree, and I would have different colored buttons too but I was a bit short on time and forgot to mention early. I'll probably have them swapped out at some point.

deglobas

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning on heading to Hong Kong sometime soon and have come for some advice. I'm looking to have a suit, sport coat and some shirts made, and the sheer number of tailors has me spinning. I visited Sam's tailor years ago when I was 15 to have some casual, band collar shirts made, and was not at all pleased with the experience. I have a couple of constraints/ideas that might guide your advice, should you be kind enough to offer it.

First, I will most likely be purchasing fabric elsewhere. I'm stopping in Shanghai beforehand and if I find some incredible fabric, I'm likely to buy it. I'm not sure if tailors will typically work with a customer's fabric, but I would certainly prefer it. Second, I'm interested in something a bit more modern; ie slim and shorter jacket, slimmer lapels, slim pants with a light break, etc. For reference, I like the look of J. Crew's Ludow quite a bit (hopefully don't get any flak for that). And finally, as far as price, I would like to spend less than about $750 on the suit (keep in mind I will have already purchased the fabric), and $4-500 on the sport coat. Half canvassed, but ideally full.

The biggest constraint I'm facing is that I will be in HK for only 4 full days, and I really don't want to deal with shipping.

I'm an incredibly detail oriented person, so a meticulous tailor would certainly be appreciated. I look forward to hearing any and all thoughts and recommendations you may have.

On a side note, does anyone have any experience with King's Professional Tailors in the World Wide House in Central? A friend recommended them to me, but I cant seem to find much information.

Thanks in advance

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've not heard of them. I had a very good experience with dream but they tend to take longer. Simpson Sin do quick turnarounds and are not bad for the price either. They both do CMT.

bamboo

Reaction score
4 days seems tough, as I heard from this period to Chinese New Year, tailors are very busy.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all,

I'm planning on heading to Hong Kong sometime soon and have come for some advice. I'm looking to have a suit, sport coat and some shirts made, and the sheer number of tailors has me spinning. I visited Sam's tailor years ago when I was 15 to have some casual, band collar shirts made, and was not at all pleased with the experience. I have a couple of constraints/ideas that might guide your advice, should you be kind enough to offer it. 

First, I will most likely be purchasing fabric elsewhere. I'm stopping in Shanghai beforehand and if I find some incredible fabric, I'm likely to buy it. I'm not sure if tailors will typically work with a customer's fabric, but I would certainly prefer it. Second, I'm interested in something a bit more modern; ie slim and shorter jacket, slimmer lapels, slim pants with a light break, etc. For reference, I like the look of J. Crew's Ludow quite a bit (hopefully don't get any flak for that). And finally, as far as price, I would like to spend less than about $750 on the suit (keep in mind I will have already purchased the fabric), and $4-500 on the sport coat. Half canvassed, but ideally full. 

The biggest constraint I'm facing is that I will be in HK for only 4 full days, and I really don't want to deal with shipping. 

I'm an incredibly detail oriented person, so a meticulous tailor would certainly be appreciated. I look forward to hearing any and all thoughts and recommendations you may have. 

On a side note, does anyone have any experience with King's Professional Tailors in the World Wide House in Central? A friend recommended them to me, but I cant seem to find much information. 

Thanks in advance

Search to see if that tailor has been mentioned, it does not ring any bells. If you are obsessed thus, you need a GOOD tailor such a Gordon Yao, he will do CMT though I am not sure why you would want to. Four days is far too short given that there is 70 hours of work in a decent bespoke suit, you might just get to the forward fitting if you are will to forsake the baste fitting (not recommended) but it will have to be shipped to you.

David1028

Reaction score
Hello Gents, first time posting on this thread. i posted on the "show us your chan" thread and received some very helpful observations, thought i would like to seek views from the veteran members here too.

Recently received 2 commissions from Chan, with slightly different configurations. The first is a 3 piece Zegna trofeo sharkskin and the 2nd a 2 piece Harrisons light grey prince of wales with blue overcheck. I have asked for slightly wider lapels and lower buttoning position on the 2 piece for a more timeless look.

Need to get the sleeve length fixed as they are uneven, and there's also some puckering on the shoulder sleeve head .

any other comments and observations welcomed and much appreciated. Thanks!

David

[/IMG]

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
@David1028 I think you pretty much nailed it with your own assessment of the fits.

2 Piece Lt. Grey PoW:
- Shoulders. Nice. Are they roped sleeve heads?
- Lapels. Nice, especially the high gorges.
- Sleeves. Yep, small dimples on sleeve heads on both sides and shirt cuffs have asymmetrical lengths.
- Waist. Yep, either too high waist suppression or your button stance is too low.
- Trousers. Can't comment as not visible and your pose skewing fabrics.

3 Piece Grey:
- Similar to above, better waist and button stance though.
- Plus: top waist coat button appears to have "X" crease from fabric pulling. Perhaps too tight or you just ate a big lunch.

Anyway, I hope the above feedback was helpful. With the exception of the waistline/button stance issue, everything else should be relatively easy to have adjusted by Chan.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads