• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 50 Best Restaurants in the World...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I love California Pizza Kitchen. I would rather have CPK anyday over a "New York slice."
I was sooooooo pissed when they cut the pear and gorgonzola pizza from the menu, so now my go to is the Jamacian jerk chicken pizza. The tequila lime pasta is pretty good too.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pear and gorgonzola i remember that, it sounded like an awful mix. but then again that's what i used to say bout the hawaiian...

i wish their pasta portions were bigger. actually this goes for those so called "haute" Italian restaurants out there too. Paper Moon gets it right

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
oh my gaaaahd with the salad thing they put on top and then get the pizza on the honey wheat dough it was AMAZING

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Case in point, I was out for dinner the other night in Kobe and we ordered a tomato dish. It was, simply, a sliced tomato on a plate. No salt, no dressing, no garnish, nothing.

It was the best tomato I have ever eaten.

Go to New Jersey in June, brother. Not even kidding.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02

Judging from the Gotti hotties images, a lot of those tomatoes are fake.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I've never eaten at the restaurant...just had a soda and a tostado at the lunge / bar area.

Jon.

There was a great singer in the lounge when we were there...we stopped by after dinner to have some drinks and listen to her.

It was a fun night, but they all were in BA.

- B

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Rutgers tomatoes (or just "Jersey Tomatoes" when in the Garden State) are the greatest in the world.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I know a lot of people in the food world, and never, not once, have I heard Japanese food put in that pantheon. It is always French and Chinese, and then everything else. Japanese food tastes great, and it is popular, but the diversity of tastes and techniques is way behind the other two.

I think Japanese food strives to be simple, but perfect. To me that is the allure.

If you haven't had good Malaysian food, you should try it. It is true fusion cuisine of Indians, Chinese and Malays who lived together for hundreds of years. In my mind it is much more robust than the nouveau "fusion" cuisine of famous chefs - which I find shallow and neither here nor there.

Patrician

Reaction score
There's no way that an American restaurant would make it top 5. But then of course, the list isn't exactly impartial. cough NestlÃ
00a9.png
cough.
plain.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Rutgers tomatoes (or just "Jersey Tomatoes" when in the Garden State) are the greatest in the world.

You can certainly find better in israel and the south of italy in season.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have exaggerated slightly... I am not going to badmouth southern Italian tomatoes. But I've never been to Isreal or Italy, and Jersey's are my personal favorites.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
There's no way that an American restaurant would make it top 5. But then of course, the list isn't exactly impartial. cough NestlÃ
00a9.png
cough.
plain.gif

Really? You seem to be a bit biased in the other direction. No single American restaurant in the top 5?

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might have been said before, but I'm disappointed at the glaring absence of Asian restaurants on the lists.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
This might have been said before, but I'm disappointed at the glaring absence of Asian restaurants on the lists.

I see Tetsuya, Nobu, Masa....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads