• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 50 Best Restaurants in the World...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Wow, Canada did not sneak one into the top 100. I guess it's that VQA stuff, eh eq1
devil.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sorry - I am guessing that I would enjoy most of these places, but I think that he is dealing with an entirely different criteria than I would choose for how he pickes the resteaunts. he has, for instance, a french resteraunt in cape town as the best resterant in the middle east and africa - he hasn't chosen any middle eastern or lebanese places. this was jsut from a quick glance.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've eaten at perhaps 15 of these and think it is a particularly ****** list.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fascinating that Tokyo, which has the highest concentration of Michelin stars in the world, does not have a single restaurant in the Top 100...
crazy.gif

I think I've eaten at 7 or 8 of these top 50 and the biggest joke of these has to be Nobu London.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
which ones did you like?
Well, I "liked" all of them except Le Bernadin, where I have had two atrocious meals. Ones I particularly like from the list are Bras, l'Astrance, le Cinq, Troisgros, Chez Panisse and Arpege. Ones I think are not nearly as good as their rep are Louis XV, Per Se, French Laundry and Gagnaire. Of course, I did not eat at them all last year, and some, like Le Bernadin, I have not been to in nine years. Others, I have eaten at fairly often and recently. All of this colors my perception.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Does nearly every L'Atelier location need to be on there?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Does nearly every L'Atelier location need to be on there?
You wouldn't want somebody developing a complex for having eaten at the wrong l'Atelier, would you? Too bad the real thing isn't around anymore. That was a restaurant that deserved a list unto itself, perhaps with Girardet.

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
Didn't realize Charlie Trotter would be so high up on the list. Thinking of taking my parents for dinner, any thoughts?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very surprised by Matt's review of Le Bernardin. I've been three times in the last 5 years and always had a spectacular meal. The room is a bit underwhelming but the food...
inlove.gif

Check this recent review by the way
laugh.gif

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociet..._bernardin.php

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm very surprised by Matt's review of Le Bernardin. I've been three times in the last 5 years and always had a spectacular meal. The room is a bit underwhelming but the food...
inlove.gif

Check this recent review by the way
laugh.gif

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociet..._bernardin.php

To be fair, I was there once when Le Coze was still alive, and once soon after Ripert took over. I ate badly, but as I said above, timing has everything to do with it. I do agree with you about Nobu, London... WTF?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I'm sorry - I am guessing that I would enjoy most of these places, but I think that he is dealing with an entirely different criteria than I would choose for how he pickes the resteaunts. he has, for instance, a french resteraunt in cape town as the best resterant in the middle east and africa - he hasn't chosen any middle eastern or lebanese places. this was jsut from a quick glance.

None of the 3 from HK are Chinese... Two French, one Japanese. One isnt even in HK, but in Macau...

What a silly list... Best in what sense? From a v quick glance at the methodology, they just pick a bunch of "experts" from each region who then pick a bunch of people to cast unstructured votes.

I havent thought about how I would do it differently, but considering the list of sponsors I'm guessing that this is by no means a comprehensive or objective top 100... Maybe the top 100 restaurants that service Pelligrino, Laurent Perrier, take Amex...

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads