• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 50 Best Restaurants in the World...

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A list like this is impossible to do without being impartial and it is quite foolish to even attempt. The only way to make this list even partially relevant is to break it into the type of fare that the restaurants serve.

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
A list like this is impossible to do without being impartial and it is quite foolish to even attempt. The only way to make this list even partially relevant is to break it into the type of fare that the restaurants serve.
It usually gets a bit less partial when it's not a COMPANY that does the list.
laugh.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
I meant restaurants located in Asia.

Yea that's true but keep in mind that in the Michelin guide, Tokyo is now the worst most starred city.

closetmess

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Rutgers tomatoes (or just "Jersey Tomatoes" when in the Garden State) are the greatest in the world.

Wrong. Ya'll haven't had an Ontario tomato yet. Although it's likely what they are unloading at your shipyards and calling it Jersey's finest.
fight[1].gif

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Yea that's true but keep in mind that in the Michelin guide, Tokyo is now the worst most starred city.
The Michelin guide isn't nearly as good and "devine" as it was before.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
The Michelin guide isn't nearly as good and "devine" as it was before.

I've never been dissapointed by any of their recommendations, whether they be one star or three.

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I've never been dissapointed by any of their recommendations, whether they be one star or three.
Neither have I, they have however received a fair amount of bad critique the past few years for their lack of "tours" to check up on all the star-awarded restaurants.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fill out the Zagat survey for national chains? I'm not sure what the expectation is there. Do I give Baha Fresh a 3 b/c I like it better than Chipotle, or do I just give them 1's and 0's, because that's what those restaurants would get in the Real Zagat guide?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That restaurant looks like on of the hundreds Starck has done.

Chez Panisse is a funny thing. The food is not creative, the room is not elegant and the service is not great. On the other hand, everything tastes amazing and the ingredients they use are second to none. I think it retains its place on these lists because it is the single most important restaurant, historically speaking, in the US. The entire organic farming industry and boom of good food in the US can be traced back to CP.

I had the second best meal of my life at Taillevent. I started with their seafood sausage and then had the truffled pig's feet. Sensational stuff, and a couple rungs higher than Lucas Carton, when it was still LC. However, that was when the chef of Le 5 was still there, and when Vrinat was alive, so I couldn't possibly comment on the food now.

Edit: What kind of fucked up restaurant list does not have Guy Savoy on it?

I know I'm late but.......
drool.gif
drool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads