• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Random question. Patton boots. What lace length do ya'll tend to go with when/if you replace them? Trying to find some rounded laces as a replacement and curious what your recommendations or personal choices where.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our rose bushes have bloomed.

IMG_4209.jpeg
IMG_4208.jpeg

Satoman1

Reaction score
Picked this pair recently, there's no model name in the shoes with 3 digits model code "353", date code "1130" with miU Ostendo footbed so probably from 1980. A kind of MTO thing I guess.
20240516_1424213.jpg
20240516_1423451~4.jpg

Last edited:

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the OG pair today. Still my favorites.
IMG_7926.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Strand Black Velvet spectator thingies (being worn with black tie because I like them, that’s why).

View attachment 2185041

Nice to see you back. This thread feels like it's been dying a bit over the last year, but I never know who's lurking in the background.

I wore my Bartlett today just because I needed something to match my chinos. It's weird how I'm wearing boots 3-4 days a week now. I wasn't doing that 2 years ago.

IMG_1026.jpg

@TheLawBeard I use 48'' laces Guarded Goods on my Rothsay, which is similar in size to the Patton. I find there's still a lot of extra length on them, but they work. 55'' would be way too long for my Rothsay.

Last edited:

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you back. This thread feels like it's been dying a bit over the last year, but I never know who's lurking in the background.

I wore my Bartlett today just because I needed something to match my chinos. It's weird how I'm wearing boots 3-4 days a week now. I wasn't doing that 2 years ago.

View attachment 2185389
Those are very nice.

I’ve been lurking, just very, very busy. My collection (both new and vintage AE) has continued to grow. I’ve had to resort to increasingly extreme storage solutions and I’m woefully behind on maintenance activities.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2185389

@TheLawBeard I use 48'' laces Guarded Goods on my Rothsay, which is similar in size to the Patton. I find there's still a lot of extra length on them, but they work. 55'' would be way too long for my Rothsay.
Any day can be boot day!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile....in Vegas....

View attachment 2185607

AE really is behind the times with proper style like this.
A few years ago I would have blamed Church’s for such potentially injurious footwear. However, they’ve recently decided to stop flushing their reputation down the toilet, so I’m left wondering who made these “interesting” loafers. One thing’s for sure: you don’t want to trip over these in the dark.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reckon any room those are in is incapable of being completely dark.
A few years ago I would have blamed Church’s for such potentially injurious footwear. However, they’ve recently decided to stop flushing their reputation down the toilet, so I’m left wondering who made these “interesting” loafers. One thing’s for sure: you don’t want to trip over these in the dark.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheriryana