• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

percy

Reaction score
hi all,

im after a pair of barton perreira odyssey. here they are in their silver/whiskey combination:

does anyone know any websites that are carrying these?

thanks

Mike89LX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
In "Top Gun", I believe all the actors wore Ray-Bans. Cruise wore the Aviator; Val Kilmer wore the Outdoorsman, I think; Barry Tubb wore the Clubmaster; other actors wore black-framed Aviators; Aviators with mirrored lenses, etc. I bought my Aviators and Clubmasters after seeing that movie.

And to achieve the full "Top Gun" look, I figured out how to scrape that unsightly logo off the right lens. Straight razor does the job quite nicely.

But you're scraping away the prestige
rimshot.gif

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by percy
hi all,

im after a pair of barton perreira odyssey. here they are in their silver/whiskey combination:

does anyone know any websites that are carrying these?

thanks

These are pretty fantastic looking. Gilt had some about a month ago; I don't know if they will again soon.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey is it safe to buy raybans off of ebay? or should i be wary of fakes?

if not ebay, is there a cheaper alternative to get rayban aviators and wayfarers other than retail stores like sunglasses hut?

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
hey is it safe to buy raybans off of ebay? or should i be wary of fakes?

if not ebay, is there a cheaper alternative to get rayban aviators and wayfarers other than retail stores like sunglasses hut?

Try Frames Direct, Go Optic, or Optica Planet after you try them on to make sure they fit.

ampire

Reaction score
Bought a pair of oakley whisker titaniums off ebay after researching seller and having seller send more detailed pictures + images of paperwork. I am still not sure these are legitimate however and may be returning them or using paypal to return them this week. Should there be any slight gap between the lens and frame near the nose piece? Additionally, should the rubber nose pieces be reasonably loose rather than fixed? I also cannot tell if they are genuinely titanium. It appears to be metal and lightweight but its hard to tell because of the black plasticiky finish. The model number and other text on the arms are on the left: 05-956 60 O 16 which should be correct with the word titanium farther up, and whisker on the right arm.

The gap is very very small and only visible in direct day light, however it is there and I would not expect such a thing.

I do not have time to check a sunglass hut or whatever this week to compare them and my window for paypal-ebay claim is closing. Does anyone else have experience with this model and can offer advice? I guess I will try and make it to a retailer if I have the time (work 50 hour weeks).

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heynow
whats the opinion on the tom ford bond aviators they are finally within my price range (under 200) i like them with the brown lens and brown leather tips.

james-bond-tf108-sunglasses-by-tom-ford-1.jpg

I've heard these aren't made very well, but I could be wrong.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
I've heard these aren't made very well, but I could be wrong.

I have had several pairs of TF's and they were all great...I forget who makes them but it is a solid SG maker.. a search should turn up a thread pertaining to who makes the shades for TF.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I have had several pairs of TF's and they were all great...I forget who makes them but it is a solid SG maker.. a search should turn up a thread pertaining to who makes the shades for TF.

Marcolin, who also makes Mont Blanc, makes Tom Ford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads