• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
Thoughts on these Oliver's? Leaning towards brown...

maceo8108b1.jpg

maceobkg.jpg

Brown is trendy. Black is more conservative. That said, black will last you more seasons...

8bpc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
What model are you looking for? Some people, myself included, probably got some at the recent Gilt sale, and may flip them here later. Gilt has the best prices you'll see anywhere. As far as coupons, I know one of the sponsor sunglass sights here does NOT carry the OP/Mosley family, so no luck there.

Enforcer model - It wasn't a part of the Gilt sale.
frown.gif

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Brown ones alot.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Just ordered some polarized Persol 2754 in black with crystal green lens. Anybody have any experience with these? I know most buy Persol in tortoise/brown lens.

paisley_red

Reaction score
Last weekend, I passed by someone wearing some Ray ban aviators, except the frame was wrapped with brown/black leather. Looked soooo good, but wasn't able to ask him where or even when he bought them? Does anyone know anything about this model? Seen it around? Or is it an old model? Thanks in advance.

UltraFine

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone giving his opinion in this post. I didnt think Tom Ford 126 would make such a strong run. lol I decided to go to a shop and make pics of glasses put on ME. Being in the shop that Paul Smith was my favourite. Though returning Home with the pictures I am not so sure. Unfortunatly they didnt have the Tom Ford 126 in that Shop so I could not make a picture of it on me. I think to remember though that I tried it on in another shop and it was too short for my head ... They showed me a Persol that was suppoed to be "similar" to TF126. Here are pictures with glasses on my head, please tell me your opinions! http://picasaweb.google.de/soulful.t...aiSonenbrille# Cheers, Ben

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Just ordered some polarized Persol 2754 in black with crystal green lens. Anybody have any experience with these? I know most buy Persol in tortoise/brown lens.

My 2762's are black, though I had the glass lenses replaced with gray Poly.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little big, but not bad. Gilt doesn't take Sunglasses returns right? Keep'em I'm sure they'll grow (figuratively) on you.

th0rbahn

Reaction score
Can anybody say anything about the size of Cheap Monday sunglasses.. particularly these in front, the 'Night Porter'

cheap-monday-sunglasses-11.jpg

they are one-size but I have a watermelon head..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads