• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Displacement

Reaction score
Cousin- I think it's natural for him to keep the poly jacket as he's really trying to make Suitsupply work. For him it's easier to compromise on materials than it is to compromise on fit.

Stlms3- it sounds to me like Suitsupply isn't the best choice for you. I like their styling and their fits a lot but I can't buy from them, either- their insistence of functional cuffs means my gorilla arms will never fit. I'm disappointed I'm not an SS customer because their clothes do fit me very well in the torso but there are alternatives out there and if you have higher standards than SS is able to satisfy you might need to try eBay or MTM.

stlms3

Reaction score
Not everyone will have a good experience with every company so sorry that yours was not the best. I've stated before that my first two purchases, made about 4 months apart in the same model and size, turned out a little differently. The first needed no tailoring, the 2nd needed some nips in the body. This may not be the case now, but I thought early on SS had multiple factories, and I wondered if suit A came from factory A and suit B came from factory B and therefore there could be some QC differences.

In my mind, while this is an annoyance, for now I'm ok with a little oddity from time to time. They don't charge me for shipping, so all I lose is a little time waiting for a refund to my credit card if something doesn't work out. From a styling and fit standpoint, I haven't found any alternatives that I like in this price range. Now if we were talking $1000 sport coats and $1500 suits, I would also be a little harsher on them about consistency of product.

BTW I do find it interesting that after stating "I am a stickler when it comes to natural fabrics making up the foundation of my clothing" you wound up keeping the jacket.
You are right, not everyone will have a good experience with every company. I am just shocked on the sheer number of problems that I have had. The occasional oddity is one thing, but I feel that online product information could reflect changes in product... especially when it is as simple as reading a tag. Yoox has no problem labeling the products that I have received from their site correctly, and neither does Jcrew or Epaulet.

Free shipping is great and appreciated, but it has been stretched to a month of back and forth now. And I agree that the modern fit and cheap price is great. If I can visit their shop and find something, then I will rock it, but I am through with my online purchases from them. I wrote my opinions because I want people to be aware of what they may (or may not) have to deal with.

I understand the whole time, quality and cost triangle and sometimes other options may not be viable. But it seems that if this is your budget and you have the luxury of time, waiting for a deal on yoox, or gilt can get you a much better jacket with a much more consistent fit. I have purchased 4 l.b.m. 1911s from online shops over the last month and they have all fit pretty much exactly the same. And only one of them cost me as much as my suit supply coats... maybe they are not your style but if you have time (and I do understand that maybe you do not), it is my opinion that there are much higher quality options out there in styles that are just as good as suitsupply and where construction and fabric quality are much higher.

I know keeping the jacket contradicts my statement about being a stickler when it comes to fabric, I only mentioned it because I prefer to be transparent and tell everything rather than to hide information to bolster my position. I kept it because I am susceptible to the old selling tactic of getting the customer to hold the product. Once I had it in my hand, it was hard for me to let it go. I only decided to keep it after I tried the 100% cotton copenhagen (labeled as cotton linen) and found that it did not fit. I worried that it may have been my only shot at a reasonably priced summer coat... this is just before i found what amazing jackets can be found on yoox for affordable prices, or I would have returned both immediately.

Cousin- I think it's natural for him to keep the poly jacket as he's really trying to make Suitsupply work. For him it's easier to compromise on materials than it is to compromise on fit.

Stlms3- it sounds to me like Suitsupply isn't the best choice for you. I like their styling and their fits a lot but I can't buy from them, either- their insistence of functional cuffs means my gorilla arms will never fit. I'm disappointed I'm not an SS customer because their clothes do fit me very well in the torso but there are alternatives out there and if you have higher standards than SS is able to satisfy you might need to try eBay or MTM.

That is correct about why I kept the coat, along with what I mentioned above.

I agree with you about their styling. I will still visit their site for ideas, but not purchases. If I am in a city with a suitsupply I may stop in and see if I can find anything... and yea, like I mentioned in my response to cousin, I am loving yoox! But I prefer to give my money to brick and mortar establishments when I can.

Cheers!

allegrokev

Reaction score
Although not much excuse can be made for inconsistent sizing, this much can be said: going to a store and sifting through the racks to find something close, and then having it adjusted (which 9 times out of 10 anyone would benefit from) will probably be less stressful and time consuming then posting suits back and forth.

In most other respects, I'm very much a buy everything online guy. My experience with Suit Supply at Vigo Street London was excellent. The guy was really patient with my questions, gave superb guidance and once decided on which suits to buy he took great care in pinning adjustments that I could have got away without, but made the difference between looking good and looking great.

allegrokev

Reaction score
I meant to address the functioning sleeves - the extra cost to go made-to-measure is pretty insignificant. Just a little patience and a couple of weeks wait will address this problem.

Harrydog

Reaction score

I got the cotton jacket that I ordered in the mail yesterday. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for - a lightweight, unconstructed khaki SC at an affordable price ($149 incl. shipping). Unfortunately, the length is a little too short for me. I ordered my usual size (40L) but it was about an inch too short. Length BOC was about 31.5". I'm 6'4" so I need at least another 0.75"-1" on the length to make it wearable

I don't understand the enthusiasm for working button cuff in OTR. It makes adjusting sleeve length a pain and how many of us fit OTR sleeve lengths. I guess a lot or many don't really care about getting the sleeve length right. To me, working cuffs on an OTR screams marketing ploy aimed at a mass market.

I'm hesitant to just order the next size up because there's no guarantee a 42L would be a full inch longer than the 40L (not to mention it might be too big in the shoulders, chest, etc.), so I would at least want to try it on before ordering another size. I only get up to NY maybe once every couple months or so, but next time I'm there I'll try and swing by their new store.

If this had been long enough I probably would have kept it...it was a nice slim cut and would have needed only minimal tailoring, if any at all. There were some other small details I liked about it too - the functional buttonholes on the sleeves, the wide lapels (about 3.5" - most RTW slim cut jackets in a similar price range have too slim lapels...e.g. Banana Republic), and it came with a nice wooden hanger and a quality garment bag, which is more than I would normally expect for such an inexpensive jacket.

Anyone else try something out at their new store yet?

zen91

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's my first post here. I recently bought a suit from SS NYC store.

http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...cgid=Suits&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Washington|Lazio

I am satisfied with the suit in general since the jacket has a very slim cut that fits me well (the salesperson told me that it's the slimmest style they have). However, the pant is not slim enough for my liking. I still bought it since I will be wearing it at work and it's more appropriate that way.

Now I am looking for buying another suit at SS. This time though I really want the pant to have the slim cut that I desire, which is similar to the Washington style:

http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...cgid=Suits&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Washington|Lazio

Does anyone have any suggestion on what suits I should look at? The slimness of the pant as I mentioned above is a deal breaker for me. Thank you in advance.

randymac88

Reaction score
i recently had success going a size down in the Napoli cut. Its their fullest cut, but going down a size made the jacket fit well to my slim frame. The pants were then also on the slimmer side for me, and might be more what you"re looking for.

zen91

Reaction score
@zen91- you can have a tailor slim the pants.
I did mention that to the salesperson at SS but she said she wouldn't recommend messing up with the construction of the pant and that the Lazio cut is designed to be a little more conservative than the Washington. Is there anyone who has tried their different styles, who could comment on the slimness of the pants?

I am also really tempted to try my luck with Indochino since I really like the slim cut of their suits but the process seems too complicated and is gonna take more than a month.

The Gold Bug

Reaction score

I did mention that to the salesperson at SS but she said she wouldn't recommend messing up with the construction of the pant and that the Lazio cut is designed to be a little more conservative than the Washington. Is there anyone who has tried their different styles, who could comment on the slimness of the pants?

I am also really tempted to try my luck with Indochino since I really like the slim cut of their suits but the process seems too complicated and is gonna take more than a month. 

A skilled tailor won't mess up the "construction of the pants". All of the suits I've ordered have been altered to my slimmer silhouette and all is fine.

Discuss what you want with your regular tailor and he'll most probably end up getting you what you want out of your pants.

absinthe23

Reaction score
So i purchased my first SS suit (from Australia) - the grey Napoli herringbone:

http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-grey-herringbone-napoli-p2509/P2509,en,pd.html

It looks great and went for my normal sizing at 40L - the jacket fit well, but the pants one size to small with the 7 drop. Rang SS and they won't change over the pants over to a 35 without swapping the entire suit to a 42L which is annoying.

Anyway since the jacket fits very snug, hopefully won't be too much large going to the 42L on exchange.

Has anyone managed to split jacket and pant drop as above with SS?

Also, I notice they only have limited separate pants, which the herringbone isn't one of them - has anyone managed to get spare pants on a suit order?

zen91

Reaction score
So today I went to the store in Soho and ended up buying another Lazio suit from SS (the pant is gonna be slimmed). After trying different styles of fit, it seems that the Lazio cut with slimmed pant is the best SS can offer for my standard and I am quite satisfied with it. I don't know if I would come back to SS again since currently they have 5-6 colors for the Lazio and I already bought two. Definitely recommend them to anyone interested in buying a decent quality suit with modern style for around $500. Next time, I'll try my luck with Indochino.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads