• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am done with the summer collection.....any idea of when the fall collection comes out?
lol...in the fall
nod[1].gif

Probably around August.

bearsfan172

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with their "suit up" personal tailoring? I'm assuming its MTM, but I'm curious what type of options you get in terms of styling. Also what the real price will look like (I know it says it starts at $899). I live decently far away from a store that offers it (a long drive) so I can't just pop in and ask, but I could go if I decided it was good.

ElDave

Reaction score

Does anyone have experience with their "suit up" personal tailoring? I'm assuming its MTM, but I'm curious what type of options you get in terms of styling. Also what the real price will look like (I know it says it starts at $899). I live decently far away from a store that offers it (a long drive) so I can't just pop in and ask, but I could go if I decided it was good.

From speaking with one of their sales associates, it seems most suits sold at the Atlanta location end up in the 1100-1200 range.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how the size advisor works? It looks like it chooses a completely wrong size for me.
For example: My chest width is 37,5'', height 5'7'' and 29'' in upper waist. Based on my measurements the size advisor recommends me a size 23, which has a 41'' chest and 45'' upper waist. The size, which is closest to my measurements, is 44, but why doesn't the size advisor suggest that?

pleco

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how the size advisor works? It looks like it chooses a completely wrong size for me.
For example: My chest width is 37,5'', height 5'7'' and 29'' in upper waist. Based on my measurements the size advisor recommends me a size 23, which has a 41'' chest and 45'' upper waist. The size, which is closest to my measurements, is 44, but why doesn't the size advisor suggest that?
I'd recommend ignoring the size advisor completely. It sucks. Use the measurements instead of the size advisor but be aware even they are only so accurate. Ultimately it's a bit of trial and error.

If in doubt order both nearest matching sizes and take advantage of the free returns option. 44 does sound a bit big for a 37.5" chest though... I have a 37" chest and mostly wear a 36R, sometimes a slimmer 38R, though I appreciate your shoulder width will affect things somewhat...

I have several SuitSupply pieces and having just tested it, the size advisor does not recommend me any of the correct sizes that I have in the lines I chose. Bit of a crapshoot. Good luck! Their stuff is very nice.

Last edited:

billabong

Reaction score
I'd recommend ignoring the size advisor completely. It sucks. Use the measurements instead of the size advisor but be aware even they are only so accurate. Ultimately it's a bit of trial and error.

If in doubt order both nearest matching sizes and take advantage of the free returns option. 44 does sound a bit big for a 37.5" chest though... I have a 37" chest and mostly wear a 36R, sometimes a slimmer 38R, though I appreciate your shoulder width will affect things somewhat...

I have several SuitSupply pieces and having just tested it, the size advisor does not recommend me any of the correct sizes that I have in the lines I chose. Bit of a crapshoot. Good luck! Their stuff is very nice.
I think 44 Dingusberry mentioned here is 44 (EU) ~ 34 USA.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, I see. Thanks for replying.

Oh, I was talking about EU44 which is the same size as 34UK, I think.
May I ask you about your measurements? We have the same chest size. Why don't you wear 32? Seems like 36 is approximately 40'' in the chest, which is a few inches wider than your chest.

How much should the chest size differentiate from your own chest? if you know what I mean...

facet

Reaction score
If the chest measurement on the website is the actual garment measurement, what I'm assuming, then it should be about three inches larger than your actual chest measurement. Otherwise, the garment would be skin tight.

stlms3

Reaction score
I am absolutely appauld by my experience with suit supply online. I have given them multiple chances and been repeatedly disappointed with multiple aspects of the company. I have had issues with inconsistent fit, incorrect product description, failure to receive a refund and sub par customer service interaction. You can see most of my complaint here post #2189

For what it is worth I have never complained about a company before in writing. And on top of it, I was excited and optimistic about SuitSupply from all of the recommendations from the bloggers who's opinions I respect... I am the guy that gives people one too many chances before finally calling them out... I always think, "well maybe it was a coincidence or a fluke".

Before I go on, I will say that some of their products are cool, but I would try to avoid purchasing anything of theirs online. Even if you have purchased a particular style before and the measurements online seem to be the same, that is no guarantee that what you receive will be what you were expecting.

The first copenhagen I received fit wonderfully but was a linen66%/polymaid33% blend even though it was labeled as "pure linen" with a description mentioning the wonderful "organic" material... Funny that they fail to mention the polymaid which may be based off of cotton but is far from organic or natural after processing! I am a stickler when it comes to natural fabrics making up the foundation of my clothing. It is the first thing I check. I have passed up beautiful boglioli and l.b.m. 1911s because they are not made of all natural fibers. I did end up keeping this jacket because it needed no tailoring and looked great. If it had been labeled correctly though, I never would have even given it a chance... it is always my last choice for my coat each day because of the damn polymaid.

In an effort to try and get an all naturally constructed coat before I decided on the above coat, I ordered the copenhagen green cotton/linen blend. To ensure that I was not wasting time, I checked with customer service about the actual composition. They informed me it was actually the other way around, a linen/cotton blend... Even better in my opinion, but why could they not get that right on the website??? Then it arrived and was 100% cotton!!! Jesus christ, I do not understand what is so hard about accurately describing a product, especially when it is a customer service inquiry! I still would have kept it because of course cotton is all natural. But the jacket did not fit as well. You can see pics in the link above I think. The pics do not do the fit inconsistency justice. It was no where near as well fitting as the linen polymaid blend.

Anyway, I have already written all of this, but the icing on the cake is what happened next. All of a sudden there was a blue copenhagen linen jacket online. I figured, why not? If it is not 100% linen or does not fit well, whatever, I will at least know and then I can move on and never deal with suitsupply again (I REALLY want a blue (not navy) linen coat this summer or else I would already be done with suitsupply). So I order it, it comes in and it fits my neck and shoulders quite well. This is great news! Then I look at the tag and it is 100% linen and supper light/thin linen which is exactly what I want. But something is off, so I spend a minute looking and then realize that it is substantially shorter than my other copenhagen. I checked the tags to make sure that one was not a short or one was not a long, but nope, both labeled as 38R! And they are listed with the same measurements online!!!

Pics:

blue linen:

Look at the difference in sleeve length and the piece of tape that I placed on my pant leg. It is completely visible in the blue coat but not at all visible in the other. Again, these are both copenhagens, both 38R and both ordered from thes same season and both posted with the same measurements.

I ordered a 38L that should be here tomorrow. Maybe it will fit? I kinda hope it does not fit because the amount of failure from suitsupply has become comical and I would just love to add to it.

I have had other issues too. I have a refund that has not been given 9 days after my return was verified. I have not even received an email stating that a refund is in progress (my previous orders have been refunded promptly). I called customer service today but was told I had to call back tomorrow when the correct person was in (I had to do the same with my inquiry about fabric composition... and that did not help).

I also asked for an email stating my complaints to be forwarded to management. The email was polite and more of a critique because I thought the information could help them do a better job. The response I received simply asked if I wanted them to verify fabric composition (which was not necessary because I could read the coat tags since I already had both coats!) and if I wanted them to check if the fit had changed (which it obviously did because I had both coats in hand!). There was no apology for all of the hassle either. It also would have been nice to see a change of sizing dimensions or product description on the website, but nope, nothing.

I know that some of my issues with suitsupply may be petty or overly critical, but at this point, I do not care. The multitude of issues that I have had with them is inexcusable! Once it is all resolved I will make a separate thread that shoppers curious about suitsupply will hopefully stumble upon.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everyone will have a good experience with every company so sorry that yours was not the best. I've stated before that my first two purchases, made about 4 months apart in the same model and size, turned out a little differently. The first needed no tailoring, the 2nd needed some nips in the body. This may not be the case now, but I thought early on SS had multiple factories, and I wondered if suit A came from factory A and suit B came from factory B and therefore there could be some QC differences.

In my mind, while this is an annoyance, for now I'm ok with a little oddity from time to time. They don't charge me for shipping, so all I lose is a little time waiting for a refund to my credit card if something doesn't work out. From a styling and fit standpoint, I haven't found any alternatives that I like in this price range. Now if we were talking $1000 sport coats and $1500 suits, I would also be a little harsher on them about consistency of product.

BTW I do find it interesting that after stating "I am a stickler when it comes to natural fabrics making up the foundation of my clothing" you wound up keeping the jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads