• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. Dovers, maybe perhaps more than any other shoe, seem to look great in about any leather/last combination I've ever seen them in.

Agreed, but I really think my preference would always be in CC and Dainite sole.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoes, socks and pants
smile.gif

Could not agree more - terrific stuff!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could not agree more - terrific stuff!

^^ My favorite day of the week!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Great shoes, socks and pants
smile.gif

Those look great. Dovers, maybe perhaps more than any other shoe, seem to look great in about any leather/last combination I've ever seen them in.

He's wearing shoes????
puzzled.gif

Every day is a great day, when your wearing Dovers.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Great looking shoes!!!

Thanks guys! I am very pleased with how these turned out and think they will get quite a bit of use (for shoes, that is)

and kudos to The Great Enabler for putting these together

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am very pleased with how these turned out and think they will get quite a bit of use (for shoes, that is)

and kudos to The Great Enabler for putting these together

those are the 202 last? does anyone have a top down of the dover on a 606 last?

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Wow 7,000th post! I need a hobby.

Your hobby seems self-evident. Unless you call this an obsession or something else.

Thanks for the comparison on the lasts. Is there more space between the apron and the front of the shoe for the 202 last? I like the proportion on the 606 better, but I can't tell if that's just the angle of the picture.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your hobby seems self-evident. Unless you call this an obsession or something else.

Thanks for the comparison on the lasts. Is there more space between the apron and the front of the shoe for the 202 last? I like the proportion on the 606 better, but I can't tell if that's just the angle of the picture.

I think the irony of his post was Dover your head...

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dover is a great shoe, I'm looking forward to ordering one for myself. One pair of those in dark oak and a pair in the mahogany can have your sportcoat game covered on all angles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads