• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looking for some recommendations on winter footwear / boots that would fit in well with an EG look i.e field jacket / jeans / fatigues. All i've got at the moment are Visvim virgil boots and i'm not sure they're working, not sure why though ?

Hey, not only because we're a Paraboot stockist but I strongly feel this brand is most suitable for Fall -Winter-Spring footwear with EG. My style choices are Michael, Avignon, Chambord, Arles, Elevage and Thiers. www.paraboot.com

mbaum

Reaction score
Cross-post from yesterday WAYWT:

Saw the great Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in a beautiful DTLA theatre. I was all ready to humour my friends and you guys by giving the apron another run for the money ...
Black Batik Print
Popover
Apron
USN
Alden

… I realized though that it was way too hot for jacket and apron so after a last-minute switch this is how I went ...
Work
Tee
Faja
Fatigues
Converse

Of course, anybody in any outfit was out-styled by the man himself ...

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

Cross-post from yesterday WAYWT: Saw the great Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in a beautiful DTLA theatre. I was all ready to humour my friends and you guys by giving the apron another run for the money ... Black Batik Print Popover Apron USN Alden
… I realized though that it was way too hot for jacket and apron so after a last-minute switch this is how I went ... Work Tee Faja Fatigues Converse Of course, anybody in any outfit was out-styled by the man himself ...
Glad you got changed man- You don't want to wreck those Aldens at a show! Especially if you're in GA/on the floor. Second fit looks way comfier and more appropriate for the occasion on top of being cool and relatively effortless. Really like them both!

HelloFello

Reaction score

@mbaum ya, I don't know how you can even wear more than one layer during this socal weather, it sucks I know because I picked up 6 jackets for the ss14 season, and haven't really had the chance to wear them because it's too hot, but they'll come in handy for us socal guys this fall.

mbaum

Reaction score
Ah, tropical wool Aviator in grey - Still, perhaps my favorite piece of a season that had so much good stuff. I hear you on the heat. I am still wearing jackets out to dinner as it cools down to low 70s at the beginning of the night to high 60 a bit later. However, for the Nick Cave show, we went over to the Ace around 5.45 for drinks and early dinner and even with AC everywhere, it was just too much. God, I love the apron though :)

I bought a lot of stuff this summer season for exactly the reason you mentioned: It will essentially become my fall/ winter outfit. I bought EG last AW season but it is simply too substantial for SoCal, but layering the summer stuff will be perfect here. For that reason alone, I am very happy that the SS EG stuff really has come into it's own.

Mike

mbaum

Reaction score
Simple summer fit today to run to Mohawk and check out their first AW drop.
Porkpie
Post O'alls
Cambridge
Visvim

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While waiting for the wife. Could have taken a more flattering pic:
EG Chambray Popover
Post Overalls Chambray Royal Traveler
EG Sling tote
EG Ripstop Fatigues
Sandro kilties

Couple more from my Instagram over the past 12 months:

New Year's:

Hawai'i:

With another Post Overalls Royal Traveler:

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score

EG wedding outfit

SS14 Navy tropical wool suit, Andover + Cinch pants
SS13 Polka dot bow tie
FW12 I think.. Pocket Square
Our Legacy 1950s shirt
Worcestershire Leather Company Quick Release belt
Alden Cordovan LWB

Fantastic (and very thin and "airy") wool fabric even for really hot days so it makes for a great summer suit!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look sharp man.

Timboplete, those Traveller vests look great. I just went to look to find the navy cashmere one and saw it retails for 1000 euros. LOL. Guess not.

Shingles

Reaction score
Thank you!

PRT - I agree, super comfy, dressy and absolutely perfect for summer or indoors.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Night time poor lighting shot, but thought I'd contribute to the thread nonetheless. EG Knit Jacket from this SS14 season:

lCXIImR.jpg

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
Snapped this weekend wearing Workaday Chinos and Rebuild Jacket. These chinos were the best purchase I made in a while. I love everything, from the high rise to the hemming, and especially the fit. Now I'm looking for the khakis everywhere. Any mainline EG pants fit similar?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member