• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lawlercon

Reaction score

Can I get you to post a pic because I know you have all of that wonderful camera equipment?

Pictures are ****. I am in the middle of a move and don't have any of my camera's readily available. These are size 36 one rinse Workaday jeans at about a month in.

eluther

Reaction score

Pictures are ****.

Appreciate the help! I ended up finding a pair of Kapitals – really similar measurements – those look good, though.

x-post from WAYWT

patchwork western
bizarre back pocket/no-outer-seam EG chinos – would love to know what they are if anyone has an idea

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little off topic, but would anyone here know which season the below EG shirt is from and the name of the item?

Last edited:

modual

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations on winter footwear / boots that would fit in well with an EG look i.e field jacket / jeans / fatigues. All i've got at the moment are Visvim virgil boots and i'm not sure they're working, not sure why though ?

Last edited:

eluther

Reaction score
@modual I'd need a fit pic to see why plain toe boots aren't working. That's the exact type of thing I'd recommend. My guess is the way you're hemming/cuffing/stacking your trousers is the issue more than the boots themselves.

mbaum

Reaction score
Virgils should work well. I am a huge Alden fan. Any boot, especially shell and especially on the Commando sole. Or, as an alternative, LWB/ PTB (I like them on commando with antique edging). Lots of choices from shell to more rugged leather.

The traditional work boots should work as well: Wolverines, Red Wing, etc. Maybe not all but quite a few models. And, of course, the choice of most fan boys: Trickers, McNairy.

Shoe choice will depend on the specific outfit and EG pieces as well but there should be a lot of options.

Mike

Last edited:

HelloFello

Reaction score
There is a navy and white version of the fisherman shirt this season, and pretty sure the shirt you posted from eBay is it. I have the Henley shirt version of it from this season in navy and white.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found guidi to work great with EG stuffs, especially when you are going for slim fit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads