• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes from eBay

canuck36

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to this site, and I'm looking to get myself a good pair of brown shoes, either a captoe or wingtip. Being a student, price is important so I'm looking to find something on eBay. That being said, I'm not really sure what to look for to get a decent used pair.

Here's a pair I've found..let me know what you think.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Allen-Edmond...3073732?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item519a6b4ac4

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
Welcome to SF!

On eBay you should be able to get a great pair of lightly used shoes at a good price, and you might even luck out and get a new pair for cheap. You have a great starting point in Allen Edmonds, as the shoes are good and there's a large selection on eBay. In terms of specifics, make sure that you know your size (length and width) and that you can see the size listed in the seller's photos just to be sure they got it right. Also check for sole wear, heel wear, and cracking/creasing in the upper leather--pictures are probably your best bet, but if you aren't sure about something, just ask! A good seller should answer your question quickly and honestly.

Alden and Church's might also yield good search results.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good advice here. Also just want to reiterate how important sizing is before you buy on eBay. Not every shoe is sized the same - for instance just because you wear a 10D in one shoe doesn't mean you will definitely be a 10D in a different shoe. I would suggest trying on the exact same model shoe in a store, and once you know your exact size, then you can look for a deal on eBay.

viator

Reaction score
For AE, be sure to call the shoe bank for seconds - I think they represent a good value.

Are the ones in the link recraftable?

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
I have that pair, I believe. They are bulky, rubber soled, and not at all elegant. HOWEVER -- they are my go to pair for rainy days. They don't fit like the 5th ave and park ave -- different last I think. You'd be better off trying them on first. I would *not* use them as my show off 'nice' pair of shoes.

Last edited:

canuck36

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the welcome and the advice guys. I didn't end up going with those shoes, hopefully I'll come across a good find.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk