• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SECRET SANTA 2016: THE OFFICIAL THREAD!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

That is by far one of the funniest things I have read. How is he not the perennial douche of the year???

Because Edina has that crown every year just for breathing. Conne will always and forever be his close second though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

That is by far one of the funniest things I have read. How is he not the perennial douche of the year???

Because @Connemara is also imminently lovable (no ****.)

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Better late than never, but just to announce to everyone that @Jr Mouse is a man after my own heart. A nice selection of salsa and hot sauce (with bonus pecan butter and BBQ sauce) sourced locally, with an interesting cookbook as well. I am rather fond of lathering hot sauce and chili over my food, so these in particular will come in useful, though I must say pumpkin salsa sounds rather suspicious. Thank you and (a somewhat belated) Merry Christmas!

Pecan butter is amazing as is the BBQ joint the sauce is from. I have not tasted the two smaller sauces, but they came highly recommended and were part of the maker's final batch.

Wish you had showed the Christmas card. I thought it was one of the best parts of the package. :D

There was a failure here as aleksandr was supposed to get two books instead of one. I've sorted it all out with Amazon and there should be a second book on its way before too long.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was going to enter this exchange this year, but never got around to the actual "sign up" part of it. I run the gift exchange in the thrift thread. We average around 60 people/year that participate. I'd say we have a person flake out every year, it's inevitable. Sometimes it's a long-time member, other times a newer guy.

I set hard dates for people to sign up and send their donation. If I have someone sign up but hasn't sent his donation, I'll send a reminder before the cut off date. However, if they miss the deadline for donation, I drop them from the list. If they can't follow one deadline, I assume there is a good chance they won't follow through with a gift, so it's a simple step to weed out the slackers. In 5 years, we've had 5-6 people not receive something (that I know of) and I can't expect much better numbers.

Other than a donation, you just have to have 100 posts and send me contact info. If/when a gift doesn't show, I just pass along the username to the intended recipient. They can work it out or publicly shame them, but I don't send out contact details.

I really like the public shaming that takes place here, it gives me the same satisfied feeling as the annual airing of grievances during Festivus.

Good feedback all around. I'll be following your lead with asking for a small charity donation to participate. It's a really good idea to help weed out people who might flake and for a great cause. Since i've been participating in this SS we have had a few slackers, but they generally run smoothly. Mostly in gifts arriving late. Of course our participation numbers so far have been far smaller then yours. Up till now it was always run in Dumb Threads which had a bit of a community going within itself.

Overall things went well and some great gifts were exchanged this year. I don't feel the one failure took away from any that. See you all next time. :)

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pecan butter is amazing as is the BBQ joint the sauce is from. I have not tasted the two smaller sauces, but they came highly recommended and were part of the maker's final batch.

Wish you had showed the Christmas card. I thought it was one of the best parts of the package. :D

There was a failure here as aleksandr was supposed to get two books instead of one. I've sorted it all out with Amazon and there should be a second book on its way before too long.

Dear leader: I am pleased to report that the second book as arrived, with some interesting looking recipes that I shall try out sometime.

Also have tried out the BBQ sauce twice, with chicken and ribs. Both turned out pretty damned good, wife asked what marinade I used and I just replied "secret sauce".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads