• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

searching webcam for older ibook

citoyen

Reaction score
i hope someone will have an answer to this.

i want to buy a webcam that will work with an older ibook and OS 10.3.9 and skype. The problem is, most of the cams i looked up are not available anymore.

well, has anybody a suggestion or experiences with any particular webcam which will be still available?

thanks in andvance for any suggestions.

citoyen

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
http://www.macally.com/EN/product/Ar...?ArticleID=119 It's a very simple cam but it's still sold for around $20 and is completely Mac compatible. I doubt you have a firewire port on that older ibook so this USB cam is about as good as you'll probably get, especially for the price. Sadly, this is about the only USB cam that I know works with a Mac since everything these days is firewire.

citoyen

Reaction score
thanks for the reply! i have one single firewire port...any further suggestions because of that?

thanks,

citoyen

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Firewire cameras for the Mac can be just as tricky to find new. Apple no longer sells iSight and there used to be a good cam called orange iBot but it, too, is no longer sold new. These guys offer drivers for many webcams available on the market that may not be Mac compatible out of the box: http://www.ioxperts.com/devices/supp....html#firewire There's also this option but I have no idea of the quality. It certainly seems to be the cheaper of the options available with compatibility out of the box: http://www.firewire-1394.com/fire-i-webcam-unibrain.htm Of course, you could try ebay.de and pick up any of these mentioned cameras used. That's probably what I would do.

citoyen

Reaction score
wow! the isights i spotted on ebay go for around 60$ (40-50 €) and there is still one day to go on the auction...too much for me...i got a student budget so i think i will go the macally route... 18€ seems affordable ...plus i dont want to bother with drivers and all this.... so thank you for the suggestions, now i now where to start..
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads