• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SCAMMER ALERT, Official Thread

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone.
I was approached by a 'buyer' today wanting to buy my crocket & jones boots for his colleague who was posted in Africa. This is a classic craigslist scam. Please be careful out there. If it is no longer news, my apologies!!!!

Here is his/her message:

samanthawtt
Today at 6:37 pm
Hi! I am very glad that the item is still available for sale, please at what state is the item? i need to know the present condition and if all accessories are intact because i am buying it for my folk who he was transferred to serve as a fiscal coordinator in West Africa.Waiting to read from you soon,
Regards

Yeah, I got one too.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
It's unfortunate I didn't read this thread before, as it seems I've also been scammed by a Spanish dude (as above) with the username Pollit, who was recently banned.

Again, it's the same old thing...he's new to PayPal, so in order to access the funds immediately without enduring the 21-day waiting period, he refunds the initial payment and asks you to send as a personal payment.

Then he responds stating he has access to the funds and will send you tracking info the following day or so.

And then.....crickets.

Since I don't use a credit card as my primary source of funds for PayPal, I'm not optimistic about getting my U$300 back (or perhaps U$600 if PayPal doesn't take the pending hold for the initial return).

So, the lesson here is never to make personal payments through PayPal and always use a credit card as your primary source of funds for PayPal.

Best of luck, all.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a shame guys, I've been ripped here years back and it sucks.

For what it's worth 99% of the deals I did here were great but that 1% is all you recall.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
I've filed a dispute with PayPal, which in essence means they'll send him an email and ask why he hasn't delivered on our transaction.

However, they said if he doesn't respond to them (which is quite unlikely), there's not much more they can do since I remitted the funds via Personal Payment.

They also said if he gets enough complaints against him, they'll likely 'limit' his account - whatever that means.

I suspect these people have multiple PayPal accounts and bank accounts in multiple financial institutions, so when one is 'limited', they just move to the next.

BTW, the PayPal email he used was [email protected] - everyone beware if they see that one in the future.

At least PayPal released the initial refund funds so I transfer that back to my bank account.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope Paypal refunds you, they are improved and nowadays are acting fast and serious. I was scammed 2000 euros on a never delivered machine 15 years ago.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score

I hope Paypal refunds you, they are improved and nowadays are acting fast and serious. I was scammed 2000 euros on a never delivered machine 15 years ago.

I'm sure they won't as I sent the funds via Personal Payment, leaving me little recourse for disputes.

I'd like to track him down though - apparently he lives somewhere in Spain.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its sad that this happens here. Best of luck to those involved and I hope things work out well.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they won't as I sent the funds via Personal Payment, leaving me little recourse for disputes.

I'd like to track him down though - apparently he lives somewhere in Spain.

Pm sent to try to help you.

mekunka

Reaction score
It's unfortunate I didn't read this thread before, as it seems I've also been scammed by a Spanish dude (as above) with the username Pollit, who was recently banned.

Again, it's the same old thing...he's new to PayPal, so in order to access the funds immediately without enduring the 21-day waiting period, he refunds the initial payment and asks you to send as a personal payment.

Then he responds stating he has access to the funds and will send you tracking info the following day or so.

And then.....crickets.

Since I don't use a credit card as my primary source of funds for PayPal, I'm not optimistic about getting my U$300 back (or perhaps U$600 if PayPal doesn't take the pending hold for the initial return).

So, the lesson here is never to make personal payments through PayPal and always use a credit card as your primary source of funds for PayPal.

Best of luck, all.
@Christopher Essex I got the same case as yours, however I got the package which was an empty envelop with his address on it (I'm not sure it's his real address or not) .... instead of a box of shoes.
This times he used username "Mead", please beware this member. He is also a Spanish guy and this user is still active. His PayPal user is "[email protected]"
I'm trying to get refund from this case. Since it's 'send as a gift' in PayPal, the possibility of getting refunded is very low.
If anyone here has any more suggestion how to deal with this, I would appreciate that.

Thank you.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another scam of the delinquent?

I wish you Justice is done.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WARNING;

C & A http://www.styleforum.net/u/2257/c-amp-a has fooled me over 900 euros.

125 euros on a 3 meter cut of Carlo Barbera fabric I delivered personally to Anna Matuozzo in Naples. UNPAID

Circa 800 euros on pure cashmere from Carlo Barbera he ordered months ago. Undelivered due to UNPAY.

He has been ignoring my emails and even said he wired me the money. I thought he did without checking my bank.

Then sent him an screenshot of all my bank movements and his is not there.

I am not pleased to post this since I delivered fabrics for him in the past without any problem but will be more pleased to be paid
and delete this post.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WARNING;

C & A http://www.styleforum.net/u/2257/c-amp-a has fooled me over 900 euros.

125 euros on a 3 meter cut of Carlo Barbera fabric I delivered personally to Anna Matuozzo in Naples. UNPAID

Circa 800 euros on pure cashmere from Carlo Barbera he ordered months ago. Undelivered due to UNPAY.

He has been ignoring my emails and even said he wired me the money. I thought he did without checking my bank.

Then sent him an screenshot of all my bank movements and his is not there.

I am not pleased to post this since I delivered fabrics for him in the past without any problem but will be more pleased to be paid
and delete this post.

Is funny how the poster who is not paying me clicks and gives me just here one point of good reputation. Good irony this funny man.

1 user thought this was helpful.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was once scammed for about 500$, which was paid via paypal personal payment. Miraculously got the money back though! I simply claimed unauthorized payment, and made up some BS story about relatives buying stuff without my permission. Changed my password, and pointed out that the unauthorized purchase had never been delivered. Couldn't believe that it worked, but it did.

But as mentioned above, always pay with CC through normal paypal payments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads