• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SCAMMER ALERT, Official Thread

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Outing the person would be vigilante justice. Unintended consequences may follow.

That said, filing a police report in Spain?

emptym

Reaction score
I totally agree with your last point. My critique was only an admonishment to carefully consider whether going to someone's workplace and outing them like this would achieve either of those things or whether it would only serve personal satisfaction on the matter. It's very difficult (sometimes people underestimate how difficult) to differentiate what seems like justice from what actually is. You know the desire to feel personal satisfaction from seeing an enemy suffer can often masquerade as a desire for justice.
That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

sstache

Reaction score
USER RATTETI IS A SCAMMER….

Related to sale post: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/sold.24937/

• We came to terms in a chat and I made 1/2 payment. There has been no communication since. I have emailed with address given through PayPal which is: [email protected] and there has been no communication there as well. Since I was pushed into making payment though "friends and family," I have no recourse though PayPal.

emptym

Reaction score

sstache

Reaction score
Thanks. I reported him to PayPal and they instructed me to file a claim with Visa, so we will see what happens. Appreciate your help.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Thanks. I reported him to PayPal and they instructed me to file a claim with Visa, so we will see what happens. Appreciate your help.
Usually, CC claims work, but guess what PP usually eats the loss then :(. So the scammer got away with the money.

Good Luck.

PS. you should never do a 50% deposit and then the rest, against PP terms, you lose protection.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you be "pushed" into using PayPal F&F?

If a seller suggests that you use F&F to pay, they are announcing to you that they are dishonest. They are saying that they want to violate the terms of service of their PayPal account. They want to cheat PayPal out of their service charge. I don't think there would be any actual criminal prosecution, but what they're doing looks a lot like theft of service, and possibly fraud. And they want you to participate with their scam.

If a sellers requests F&F, walk away. The seller is a dishonest scammer.

sstache

Reaction score
How can you be "pushed" into using PayPal F&F?

If a seller suggests that you use F&F to pay, they are announcing to you that they are dishonest. They are saying that they want to violate the terms of service of their PayPal account. They want to cheat PayPal out of their service charge. I don't think there would be any actual criminal prosecution, but what they're doing looks a lot like theft of service, and possibly fraud. And they want you to participate with their scam.

Thanks for the comment there…

perhaps it naivety on my part but I’ve had pretty good experience with the secondary market for limited run/color shoes, which is what this sale was for. And that being said I openly admitted I made a mistake. And I of course will avoid F&F payments.

sstache

Reaction score
Usually, CC claims work, but guess what PP usually eats the loss then :(. So the scammer got away with the money.

Good Luck.

PS. you should never do a 50% deposit and then the rest, against PP terms, you lose protection.

Thanks for kind and judgement-free insight.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Not True, sometimes this is the only way. When you are doing bigger transactions and/or the buyer/seller wants the items fast, so waiting for bank wire to clear is sometimes not feasible, PP F&F is the best.

Not all F&F users are scammers when you transfer over-borders except like 4-6% just in fees. Then the seller is at risk that the buyer is a scammer and opens against the seller and whooooopppp money & merchandise is gone. I know 2 incidents where a scammer stole this way 12.000€ and 19.000$. Good luck with buyer protection ;), better go to church and pray or hire the mafia.

emptym

Reaction score
^His point was that using F&F for purchases from a stranger is dishonest and a scam against Paypal, even if it isn't a scam against the buyer/seller.

In any case, requesting F&F is not permitted on this forum and can result in being banned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads