• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Results of a healthy diet experiment and cost

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lowest bodyfat ever for me was tank-tested at 5.8%. At 6'2" I was 155 at the time... (190 today)

Got lot's of questions about cancer
laugh.gif
plain.gif

doug funnie

Reaction score
Congrats on your "success." FWIW most serious strength/physique athletes would consider the amount of lean mass that you lost absolutely unacceptable.

Also I bet most of the rest of the human population would think you look pretty gross, but ultimately it's your opinion that matters most, within reason.

Lastly you seem to be failing #6 pretty hard: "Meet caloric intake needed for muscle growth with adequate protein from consuming fish and lean meats. "

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Also, if you want to add flavor (and save money) don't buy the filet. Just get a ribeye or sirloin. Much better flavor.
+1 Top sirloin is one of the cheapest, most flavorful, and leanest cuts of steak available.
Originally Posted by username79
Surprisingly, I am not "skinny." The difference is, where there was fat, there is now muscle.
But...
Originally Posted by RedLantern
According the OP's changes in body comp, he has lost 12lbs of LBM and 8lbs of fat on this diet.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post. Have you dropped the coffee for a couple weeks at any point? I'd like to know the before/after/during as to the effects of coffee on top of what you are doing.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
Thanks for taking the time to post. Have you dropped the coffee for a couple weeks at any point? I'd like to know the before/after/during as to the effects of coffee on top of what you are doing.

What would you expect them to be? Would it have an effect?

darkdream

Reaction score
That is what my regular food meals are like except I do not watch calories (probably eating much more than the recommended). My monthly spending is actually slightly higher than yours (this is not including the food I purchase for some lunches on long school days). I just find eating common American ***** foods not appetizing.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melwoesblvd
chilean sea bass is endangered. stop eating it man, youre ruining our oceans!@

While this is probably sarcastic, I find this to be rather important. I try to only buy from the fishery in South Georgia which claims to be sustainable.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Wow, that's pretty badass.

Also, if you want to add flavor (and save money) don't buy the filet. Just get a ribeye or sirloin. Much better flavor. Then again that adds more fat, but still..

I'm pleased to have a chef's approval.

Actually, my main attraction to filet is the texture. A rare prime filet falls off the knife in such a manner that is hard to describe. Each bite has this naturally delicious buttery texture.

pitboss12

Reaction score
How much planning do you go through to cook all your foods and plan your menu for the day/week? Do you just cook the same 5-8 things and get into a routine. Also, how do you manage all the prep and planning with your job? I know that when I get home, I'm usually pretty beat.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
How much planning do you go through to cook all your foods and plan your menu for the day/week? Do you just cook the same 5-8 things and get into a routine. Also, how do you manage all the prep and planning with your job? I know that when I get home, I'm usually pretty beat.
My original goal was to learn how to cook. I took some cooking classes last year. Learned the basics of how to prepare foods, use herbs and spices, and bought a bunch of cookbooks. I've always been a food enthusiast and spent the last several years eating at various "landmark" restaurants around the world. Basically, my process goes like this: 1) Open cookbook. 2) Select recipe that looks appealing 3) Rewrite version of recipe that I consider "healthy" 4) When time permits, buy ingredients (lunch break, after work, etc.) 5) Cook it .. prep and cook usually takes an hour or less I try to cook something different every time. But found I have fallen into a cycle of fish/seafood during lunch. Salmon, Halibut, Chilean sea bass, Red Snapper, "Rockfish", Lobster. They are all very quick to prepare and this works for lunch. I can kill, split, clean, grill and be eating a lobster in ten minutes. Bought a thirty dollar Victorinox ten inches chef's knife and an "accusharp" for this purpose and recommend both. I've found that having a shaving sharp (at all times) knife of considerable size has really made prep easy. I used to get home from work tired but on this diet I am full of energy. I can pull a 10-12 hour work day, cook both lunch and dinner, go the gym, go for a five mile run, and still have trouble falling asleep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads