• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

When I got my heattechs this week they just look like regular thermals so I'll have to see if the shirt is any warmer than my wh thermal top. It sounds like you guys have never worn thermals before hence the surprise that they're warm unless this material is truly miraculous.

F*** philip lim, thom browne and patagonia.

heattech is same thing just a marsupialed marketing name though thinner than what you may have worn in 3rd grade under puffy coat a 2 sweaters when not living in Minnesota

i was bout to say, where is the hate for uncle phil lim the stuff never appealed to me i knew i wasn't the only one here either, maybe you warned me some time ago against ?

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

heattech is same thing just a marsupialed marketing name though thinner than what you may have worn in 3rd grade under puffy coat a 2 sweaters when not living in Minnesota
i was bout to say, where is the hate for uncle phil lim the stuff never appealed to me i knew i wasn't the only one here either, maybe you warned me some time ago against ?

yeah there is waffle knit heat tech and normal stretchy spandex type heat tech. both are just a cotton/poly blend.

I don't know why there's hate but I've had some stuff in the past and I was always happy. Retail prices are a little high for what it is but he always puts out some cool stuff. Reminds me of buying like Marc Jacobs or something.

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first impression of Lim was that he was primarily a women's designer, and it seemed to show in his mens designs.

Think his menswear also gets lumped in with the sort of midlevel designers who aren't special enough in any one particular way to get people excited.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^true shoreman, other than the insane amount of business success. Really like his F/W mens each season.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I got my heattechs this week they just look like regular thermals so I'll have to see if the shirt is any warmer than my wh thermal top. It sounds like you guys have never worn thermals before hence the surprise that they're warm unless this material is truly miraculous.
**** philip lim, thom browne and patagonia.

Heat Tech is best for their long johns. Not substantially warmer than thermal long johns, but slim enough to wear skinny jeans over them and it not look tighter than normal.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I dont really know if Heat Tech works, but I lived in a really cold place and had to wear two sets of HT top and bottom on the really cold days. Fun to sleep in though.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

junhashimoto "inner riders" leather
I had heard jun hashimoto's leathers were the label's strong point and this camel-colored one I recently received doesn't disappoint. Quality is unquestionably better than all the Attachment, Julius, and Rick leathers I've owned or seen. The jun is calf, yet it nearly approaches the softness of my Julius lamb leather. And the leather has very little "shine" to it which is good since I hate shinny leather. Zips are all Raccagni.

Nice jacket esp as a fellow Hashimoto fan! :) But I am surprised that it dominates Attachment so hard in quality for you though. When I stopped by Jun Hashimoto's shop in Daikanyama none of his leathers really blew me away quality wise. Maybe all the really badass stuff was gone. It was about on par with wjk quality, definitely a bit nicer which is great, but I didn't feel that Attachment lost out. Both had riri zips at the time. Not familiar with Raccagni zips, maybe he stepped it up all around.

The only leathers that I've really liked better in quality than Attachment are probably Incarnation (By a little bit) and CCP. Then again, I'm no leather worker so what do I know?

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you guys gotta stop worrying about the 'quality' thing, and just worry more about whether you like how the clothes look, particularly on your body.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lf-aw11-21.jpg

img_0460.jpg

img_1517.jpg

img_1529.jpg

Lost & Found gray swing shirt

Silent sneaks (I blame shah!! living up to his title)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Bought:

- Silent tee (Yoox)
- Silent beanie x2 (The Corner)
- CP x Geller boots (The Corner)
- Tricker's "not Stows" (Sierra Trading Post)

Keeping:

- Silent tee
- Silent beanie x1

Returning:

- Silent beanie x1: Didn't like the color, "black iris", which is some midnight blue/purple shade.
- CP x Geller boots: I'm consistently a 44 in CPs, but I could barely get my feet into them.
- Tricker's: Fit was almost perfect, but too narrow in the toebox.

I think I'm just gonna return the CPs and the Trickers. The Corner only has the CPs in suede, and I like the distressed black ones that I ordered better. It looks like I could still get the Tricker's a half size up, but I think I'd rather get the actual Stows in acorn.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you guys gotta stop worrying about the 'quality' thing, and just worry more about whether you like how the clothes look, particularly on your body.

That's probably a sane approach. But I've been described as a "quality fetishist" and I find that to be pretty much true as I obsess about it even though all I have is a perceived/inferred sense of quality rather than a truly informed opinion. Can't claim that it's rational or not stupid, but honestly it's at least 50-60 percent of why I'm into clothes. It's related to my compulsive buying of "good deals" too so maybe even more than 50-60 percent. The rest is how it looks as an object (Rather than how it looks on me) and my collector/hoarder tendencies.

Ohwell, we all have different goals/reasons to be here I guess. I like my stuff though and I guess that's what's most important to me :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads