• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
Yeah, there are people who appreciate washed denim. But that doesn't describe the preference of most of the people on here. You and snake are the only ones I can think of who wear washed jeans regularly, and both of you have aesthetics that are far more developed than this guy (and are more controversial, to boot). I enjoy the way both of you dress, but I doubt he's looking to jump into Julius or Tornado Mart right off the bat.

Aha well I definitely think there are washes out there that don't quite fit into these extremes. Even some of Diesel's less-ridiculous models, or Dior, or even Levi's make decent washes. Just don't want the guy to jump on the raw denim boat because SF told him to.

elfather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
This is bullshit. There are loads of people here wearing washed denim. Before anyone jumps on *******, I'm not bad-mouthing raw denim. I think the fades look ******* sick, but for a lot of people washing your jeans twice a year for 2 years until you get cool fades isn't viable or desirable. There are loads of cool washes out there. The Diesel ones posted happen to be ****** washes, but there are plenty of jeans out there with good washes and distressing. I hope someone with more knowledge about washed denim can give some input.

Also I don't think anyone is annoyed by this guy. Dude is really receptive to advice. It's pretty refreshing actually. elfather, you are getting a lot of solid advice but restrain yourself before jumping in. Take some time to build your aesthetic by trying stuff on and examining other people's clothing before laying down a bunch of cash on stuff you may not want six months from now.

I'm just lurking right now and learning about other brands i knew nothing about before. Not really looking to jump on any bandwagon or anything but i will consider all advises for my future purchases then go from there.

Is there a thread where i can see what everyone's wearing like a "post a pic of what you're wearing today" type?i tried looking for one but no luck. I'd love to check it out if you guys have 1. I'm i can get some good ideas and inspiration. Thanks again guys, i really appreciate everyone's help and advise.

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by elfather
I'm just lurking right now and learning about other brands i knew nothing about before. Not really looking to jump on any bandwagon or anything but i will consider all advises for my future purchases then go from there.

Is there a thread where i can see what everyone's wearing like a "post a pic of what you're wearing today" type?i tried looking for one but no luck. I'd love to check it out if you guys have 1. I'm i can get some good ideas and inspiration. Thanks again guys, i really appreciate everyone's help and advise.

Awesome question. WAYWT (What are you wearing today)

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elfather
Is there a thread where i can see what everyone's wearing like a "post a pic of what you're wearing today" type?i tried looking for one but no luck. I'd love to check it out if you guys have 1.

what? don't tell me the one guy who's receptive to advice is actually a troll.

(if you really missed the 2 threads, here and discussion here)

elfather

Reaction score
I think the troll comment was uncalled-for but thanks for posting the threads!! Looks like I have lots of pics to examine so I will talk to you guys later. Everyone have a good night and enjoy the long weekend
smile.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Read my way backwards to catch up and I must say, those Diesels are horrendous. May as well buy a pair of Balmains, at least then you can ball hard on the haters

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
The marginal benefit you get from $300+ jeans that are japanese aren't that great. Just find a pair that you like and fits how you like.

I agree.

Fit is way more important then denim quality.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I agree.

Fit is way more important then denim quality.

It only took me a few years to figure that out. Funny how I thought I was hot **** for graduating past APC.
frown.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey man I wanted to buy PBJ and wear chambray at one point.

I've come back to APC and will go DH 19's for my next set.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but it's not like denim with extra "qualities" (whatever those may be) and good fitting denim is mutually exclusive -- dior and APC are not objectively better in fit for everyone, obviously, and you can't ignore that some people also put value in characteristics beyond just a slim fit with lots of stacks that, atm, trumps all other in the collective SF mind. it all seems to go in circles. edit: so -- you're not somehow right in "finally" getting that dior is better than PBJ, but good for you if you found something you're more comfortable in.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i won't ever buy diors, or probably APC.

but i would buy ****** as levis.

After hidden, hand hammered rivets, zimbabwe cotton, donut buttons, back pockets half lined in pima cotton, deerskin patch and attached belt loops, if i'm gonna pay money for denim it better be close to those details. Obviously the fit has to be perfect too, but you can get 19cm cut with RJB and probably other brands too.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jcrew-accessories-ebbets-field-flannels-ball-cap.jpg

size 32x34
sc_1966_fold.jpg

photo-1.jpg

khakis, bowery pants, and the last oxford I wanted from J. Crew... probably more too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads