• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elfather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
You can often find Nudies on sale. The other website that I would suggest is blueinsohogreen.com
Nice! they are In NY i will be in NY next moth, hopefully they have good variety of jeans in hands so i can Try them on and get familiar with all the different fitments with all the brands they carry. Anyone knows of maybe store in vegas where i can check some Raw denim? I'm going there for 8 days next Saturday and would love to know if you guys know of any store in Vegas.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everybody and their momma sells raw denim. Barney's may have some APC and Naked & Famous

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI: there are a couple of sticky threads on top where you can ask these questions. Not sure about Vegas shopping. But there is a Dior boutique there that you might want to drop by.

elfather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Everybody and their momma sells raw denim. Barney's may have some APC and Naked & Famous
Got you, but i was hoping more like the Japanese Brands, aren't they supposed to be superior in quality?
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
FYI: there are a couple of sticky threads on top where you can ask these questions. Not sure about Vegas shopping. But there is a Dior boutique there that you might want to drop by.
Cool thanks .i'll will Google it to see where it's located. thanks again guys!!!! edit; it's located at the Wynn which is where I'm STAYING, AWESOME! haha. thanks for the tip.

Mountains

Reaction score
There is a full Barneys NY in Las Vegas. They should carry RRL, APC, Nudie, and Naked & Famous. Most designers also have boutiques there, and some of them have raw denim.

Naked & Famous uses Japanese denim iirc

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The marginal benefit you get from $300+ jeans that are japanese aren't that great. Just find a pair that you like and fits how you like.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre-distressed jeans are dope dick, love my LVCs, am wearing them right now. I also want to drop some big balla dollas on a pair of Hysteric Glamour sometime this year.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
The marginal benefit you get from $300+ jeans that are japanese aren't that great. Just find a pair that you like and fits how you like.

Agreed. I went to Blue in Green today and let me say it was an amazing store with a great staff... but I bought Diors afterwards because I tried on some godly denim at BiG, but I looked at myself in the mirror and it wasn't perfect. Went to Dior, tried on some good but less exotic Japanese denim, and copped because I looked in the mirror and said "I want to look like this every day."

A certain level of quality is essential, but fit is the bottom line. Most anything of APC/Nudie quality and above will probably serve you quite well, so get something you're gonna love every day you put them on.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
So the thing about StyleForum is that people like jeans that are distressed naturally - that is, we buy raw jeans (jeans w/o artificial distressing) and wear them until the indigo comes off. The jeans you posted here and above are both examples of really obvious artificial distressing. If you're interested in 'dressing well' according to the standards of the forum, then I would do some research in other threads; the trial-and-error thing that you're doing right now is just going to annoy people.

I'm not saying it's the only way to dress, but it is the way people dress here.

This is bullshit. There are loads of people here wearing washed denim. Before anyone jumps on *******, I'm not bad-mouthing raw denim. I think the fades look ******* sick, but for a lot of people washing your jeans twice a year for 2 years until you get cool fades isn't viable or desirable. There are loads of cool washes out there. The Diesel ones posted happen to be ****** washes, but there are plenty of jeans out there with good washes and distressing. I hope someone with more knowledge about washed denim can give some input.

Also I don't think anyone is annoyed by this guy. Dude is really receptive to advice. It's pretty refreshing actually. elfather, you are getting a lot of solid advice but restrain yourself before jumping in. Take some time to build your aesthetic by trying stuff on and examining other people's clothing before laying down a bunch of cash on stuff you may not want six months from now.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Pre-distressed jeans are dope dick, love my LVCs, am wearing them right now. I also want to drop some big balla dollas on a pair of Hysteric Glamour sometime this year.

Yeah, there are some rad pre-distressed jeans

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
This is bullshit. There are loads of people here wearing washed denim. Before anyone jumps on *******, I'm not bad-mouthing raw denim. I think the fades look ******* sick, but for a lot of people washing your jeans twice a year for 2 years until you get cool fades isn't viable or desirable. There are loads of cool washes out there. The Diesel ones posted happen to be ****** washes, but there are plenty of jeans out there with good washes and distressing. I hope someone with more knowledge about washed denim can give some input.

Yeah, there are people who appreciate washed denim. But that doesn't describe the preference of most of the people on here. You and snake are the only ones I can think of who wear washed jeans regularly, and both of you have aesthetics that are far more developed than this guy (and are more controversial, to boot). I enjoy the way both of you dress, but I doubt he's looking to jump into Julius or Tornado Mart right off the bat.

Also I don't think anyone is annoyed by this guy. Dude is really receptive to advice. It's pretty refreshing actually. elfather, you are getting a lot of solid advice but restrain yourself before jumping in. Take some time to build your aesthetic by trying stuff on and examining other people's clothing before laying down a bunch of cash on stuff you may not want six months from now.
Okay, true. That was too hasty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads