• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reedo, I'm gonna don some cdg the next time I'm in town. Will change your opinion.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude at that sample sale alone I saw/handled thousands of CDG pieces from many different seasons. I know it was a poor sample indicator of typical CDG product, but the staggering amount of godawful things just really sealed my opinion of the brand. That I couldn't find a single attractive/nice feeling piece in thousands should really say something

That you have ****** tastes ?

j/k, sample sales are probably the worst place to judge the quality, whatever that means, of a brand. A staggering amount of awful **** doesn't mean anything for a brand with an output such as CDG's, it's still just a fraction of the total amount of pieces produced. Besides, even great stuff ends up looking so-so at sample sales, when you just went through dozens and dozens of clothing racks it just becomes one big pile of boring clothes (I can't count the number of times I passed on stuff because I thought it looked unimpressive on the spot only to regret it days later).

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

j/k, sample sales are probably the worst place to judge the quality, whatever that means, of a brand. A staggering amount of awful **** doesn't mean anything for a brand with an output such as CDG's, it's still just a fraction of the total amount of pieces produced. Besides, even great stuff ends up looking so-so at sample sales, when you just went through dozens and dozens of clothing racks it just becomes one big pile of boring clothes (I can't count the number of times I passed on stuff because I thought it looked unimpressive on the spot only to regret it days later).

Not only that, but seeing everyone digging through the piles of clothing at those sales definitely makes it less appealing. Of course, days later you regret not grabbing those carrot pants (because some #menswear guy was petting the fabric as if it was a cockapoo).

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of boiled poly, just bought:

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with all of this. I guess what so shocked me was the sheer volume of bad clothes produced by them. Just that they had enough garish, ugly garbage to fill an ENTIRE LONDON BLOCK with only minor replication throughout was, as I saw it, a testament to how hit or miss CDG can be, at the very least.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rachel Comey

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

review please. OK for normal office setting?
and wher2kop.

Immediately became my favorite pair of shoes. Soft leather, comfortable, nice matte black color, and the last works really well for the kind of pants I tend to wear. I don't think I'd wear them with a nice suit, but otherwise they're great for everything from jeans and a t-shirt to business casual officewear. Kopped them from Acrimony for around $180.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of cool stuff from CdG, but I've also seen a lot of garbage. Snake's shimmer jacket is undeniably awesome...

...but that pink blazer was a nightmare. I can't think of another brand I've seen so much variation from.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Immediately became my favorite pair of shoes. Soft leather, comfortable, nice matte black color, and the last works really well for the kind of pants I tend to wear. I don't think I'd wear them with a nice suit, but otherwise they're great for everything from jeans and a t-shirt to business casual officewear. Kopped them from Acrimony for around $180.

I've gotten plenty of compliments on my black pair over the years. I've worn them with my suits before and actually think they look nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads