1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

He's not going to get busted for PED's.
    The only people who think he's natural are Crossfitters who are too wrapped up in their horde mentality to understand reality.
    Crossfit are the ones testing, and their testing regiment is bullshit, if they "catch" Froning (or Khalifa or any other of their major athletes who clearly use) then Crossfit are the only ones that are going to lose.
    Aside from that, hasn't he pulled in 1 million over the last 2 crossfit games? 500,000 at each?

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Squat PR

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5 people like this.
  3. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

He's natty he once posted a video and he said steroids wouldn't even help for crossfit because he doesn't want to be big. You just don't want it as much as him hater.

Charlie I squatted within 250lb of you for 6 today, coming at you.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I know you're being sarcastic. I'm just saying.
    I feel like if you're job is based on being strong/lean/athletic etc then you're basically stupid not to take PED's. Crossfit is no different. The prize is half a million ffs.
    It's not like these guys are lifting stupid amounts or look ridiculously huge, all of their numbers/physiques are achievable natty. But in terms of putting it all together and the gains some of these guys make in 1 year along with the stupid amount of work they do PEDs would be a no brainer from a recovery standpoint.

1 person likes this.
  5. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried animal cuts or intermittent fasting? Looking to start on one of either soon.

6. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Not to mention theyre fucking sick. Lifting on high tren low test was an emotional journey and I always take this piss out of people who say that. Basically crying whilst squatting, shit is intense.

Found one of my flat mates gross clothes in my laundry pile, threw them out of the window lel fuck him.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

HAHAHAH FUJIIII WHAT IS YOUR LIFFFFEEE

8. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

I was so happy recently. A few months ago I decided to move out of my flat because it's a bit shit and because I hate the flat mate whose clothes I threw out the window. Basically in the UK if your a student you need someone with a fairly high income who lives in the UK to guarantee the flat. They're german and polish so they're parents aren't in the UK. I was very upset when one of our friends said he'd move in because his parents could guarantee the flat and part of the reason I moved out was to fuck them over. Luckily he's dropped out like 1 week before we're supposed to move and the one I don't like has gone on holiday so now he's going to come back and have like 2 days to find somewhere to live. His gf was crying, so much validation man it's all worth it. Also new flat has a really cool Issey Miyake poster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not really a flat, basically a house, look at that kitchen mang. Even got a garden and I can basically see my uni from outside. Living with 2 americans girls i've never met, one is chub other is kind of fit and from the same county in NJ I go to stay occasionally.

9. speedy4500

speedy4500 Well-Known Member

I think this is good for all strength sports. With non-stick-ball sports becoming larger markets, it will make business sense to cater to these markets. More products, more media coverage, more sponsorship. Already Crossfit has helped expand the market for barbells, plates/bumpers, weightlifting gear, etc.

Also, Crossfit in and of itself isn't that silly. The fitness concept does work and is useful for a large population of people who have no sport-specific desires. What is silly about Crossfit are the cultish aspects, extremists, and poor trainers, but that is true for pretty much anything--sports, business, politics, etc. It just may be that Crossfit is/was a natural fit for people that associate with those characteristics, people who want to grab attention, do the hot new thing, and push boundaries. I tend to think that Crossfit's nonsense may have peaked, or will be peaking soon. I think a lot of people within the Crossfit community are starting to realize things may have gone too far, and with this sponsorship deal and others like it, there will be pressure to moderate the extreme elements. Of course, I could be wrong.

10. Aidan K

Aidan K Well-Known Member

i liked leangains, lost weight made squat gains. i don't think it is magic, but a good way to keep compliant.

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Finally off of micu and now doing chill outpatient pediatrics shit. Time to make some serious gains again.

12. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Fuji come to Bangkok. Guaranteed both of us dead in a week. Will be a great week tho.

1 person likes this.
  13. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of an aortic dissection on this fun run on Friday but if not I could do after I finish work. Don't want any man anus though.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

There was a discussion about this a couple week ago (if not last week) and the concept behind CF is basically what elite sport and military training have been doing for years and years. I think a lot of the cultish aspect people attribute crossfit comes from people with no knowledge of it and people who need it to get of their ass, I have never experienced it.

I don't think most of the games athletes actually do CF, Froning "disclosed" his program a while ago and to me it sounds more like rugby strength training than CF, but those guys are beasts, so it makes sense, also he works out twice a day, so his level of fitness should obtainable for anyone with the time and will.

Rumor has it Nike is entering the Crossfit arena.

15. ridethecliche

There's too much money in it for companies not to do it.

3 people like this.
  16. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it took Nike this long.

3 people like this.
  17. SUPER K

SUPER K Well-Known Member

Google Jeff Galloway. He advocates a running plan with a short walk break every mile or so.

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

That just seems to be how Nike does things. Like think how late bike was to Skating / oly lifting.

19. ridethecliche

Must be a lazy american.

20. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Got epic bar sample pack. Basically dried meat block and not as much protein as quest and not as dericious. Will not buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk